Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Newborn Umbrella Stroller or other Lightweight for Travel

amother

Post Mon, Jan 23 2012, 2:43 pm
Can anyone recommend a lightweight umbrella or other style stroller that is suitable for a newborn? This would be for flying a few weeks after the baby is born.

I had the silvercross dazzle from my daughter which had an optional carrycot but the stroller was poor quality and didn't last very long.

So far I've found the Bumbleride Flite which has an optional carrycot for purchase. My only issue with it is that it seems a bit expensive with the carrycot for what it is and isn't. It has some kind of bar that pops up when you push it and the storage basket and sunshade are sad situations.

I read on another thread that some people recommend traveling with a snap 'n go and just giving them both in by the gate. Seems a little bit annoying and I"d rather have a stroller so any recommendations would be greatly appreciated Smile.

yksraya

Post Mon, Jan 23 2012, 2:48 pm
one step ahead has a traveling stroller.

lst

Post Mon, Jan 23 2012, 3:08 pm
I think the Chicco liteway is good for newborns, but I'm not positive.

fc8899

Post Mon, Jan 23 2012, 3:14 pm
I flew with the snap and go with my newborn it was the best thing. I didnt have to worry about getting one after I land and the baby is very comfortable in the infant seat

mha3484

Post Mon, Jan 23 2012, 3:23 pm
I have a chicco liteway as my main stroller and have been using it since DS was born. I love it for so many reasons.

Marion

Post Mon, Jan 23 2012, 3:52 pm
Are you in the market for a new stroller anyway, regardless of the trip? Most umbrella strollers are NOT appropriate for a newborn as they do not fully recline. Once you add in the carrycot (extra $$$) you might just want to get a good travel system. It will give you the carseat as well as a fully reclining stroller, so baby doesn't always have to go in the carseat (as he would in a snap 'n go). Yes, the travel system is heavier. We always just check through the infant seat with our other carseats and gate check the stroller. (And every single carseat/stroller goes in its own bicycle bag regardless of where I check it...if any screws come loose at least they're contained and not lost!)

spring13

Post Mon, Jan 23 2012, 4:02 pm
Check out the Cybex Callisto, Graco Ipo, Inglesina Avio, Mamas and Papas Cruise.

amother

Post Mon, Jan 23 2012, 4:27 pm
Thanks for all the tips guys.

mha3484- I was looking at someone pushing a Chicco Liteway the other day and it looked pretty nice although it doesn't seem to be all that light. Can you tell me some of the reasons you love it?

fc8899- A snap 'n go always seemed convenient but I would need to buy a new carseat as well because the Peg Perego one that I have is waayy to heavy to shlep around. Is there a specific one that you recommend?

Marion- I do have a big stroller system already that the carseat attaches to but it's so ridiculously big and heavy that I would never take it on a plane. So I'm really looking to replace my umbrella stroller for traveling and for the car. I also have one of those stroller travel bags they are amazing!!

c770

Post Mon, Jan 23 2012, 5:18 pm
I like my I'cco turbo. It reclines flat and the footrest goes up so it's good for a newborn.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics