Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
New marvelous middos!!

Mommy F.

Post Mon, Jan 23 2012, 9:01 pm
My kids love the first 3 marvelous middos machine CD's
and now there's a 4th one!

I thought I would let all you mother's know, if you haven't heard yet!

http://www.mostlymusic.com/epi......html

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Jan 23 2012, 9:45 pm
We own it Smile

September June

Post Mon, Jan 23 2012, 11:26 pm
It's available on Amazon for $8.99 (as opposed to $11.99 or $15).

chavamom

Post Mon, Jan 23 2012, 11:28 pm
Interesting side point - they didn't let any women voice the parts on this cd, as opposed to the first 3 ("Who spilled the milk on the kitchen floor?")

merelyme

Post Mon, Jan 23 2012, 11:33 pm
Are you sure they're women, chavamom? We know a boy who's a "girl" on one of the tapes.

Sherri

Post Mon, Jan 23 2012, 11:37 pm
merelyme wrote:
Are you sure they're women, chavamom? We know a boy who's a "girl" on one of the tapes.
Yes, I know for sure one woman (the part she quoted) and can't remember the rest.

September June

Post Mon, Jan 23 2012, 11:42 pm
chavamom wrote:
Interesting side point - they didn't let any women voice the parts on this cd, as opposed to the first 3 ("Who spilled the milk on the kitchen floor?")

That's just silly!

(Another side point: Oorah features pictures of women and girls in their auction booklet. A few years ago, they put out an advertisement saying that if there were enough people interested in a auction book with no pictures of women they would print one. AFAIK, they never printed that booklet and they never made that offer again.)

Merelyme: Two of the mothers in the earlier Marvelous Middos Machines were Sara Rotenberg and Sharon Yess. The girls were for the most part Abie's daughters.

chavamom

Post Tue, Jan 24 2012, 12:10 am
September June wrote:

Merelyme: Two of the mothers in the earlier Marvelous Middos Machines were Sara Rotenberg and Sharon Yess. The girls were for the most part Abie's daughters.

Right.

And look how "far" we've come in 20 years - that it's assumed it COULDN"T have been women on those cd's. Not sure whether to laugh or cry.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 24 2012, 12:23 am
September June wrote:
chavamom wrote:

That's just silly!

(Another side point: Oorah features pictures of women and girls in their auction booklet. A few years ago, they put out an advertisement saying that if there were enough people interested in a auction book with no pictures of women they would print one. AFAIK, they never printed that booklet and they never made that offer again.)

My old elementary school principal, Mrs. Simon, is on an old tape! (Anon for identifying info)

yo'ma

Post Tue, Jan 24 2012, 8:04 am
I thought your kids have a new marvelous midda Confused .

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Jan 24 2012, 9:30 am
chavamom wrote:
I don't think that's true. They have women listed on the cover.

Orchid

Post Tue, Jan 24 2012, 9:43 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
chavamom wrote:
I don't think that's true. They have women listed on the cover.

On the new CD, there is one mommy, "Mrs. Tenzerovitch", and she is played by a male. In the previous CDs, 25 years ago, the mommies were played by..... women (gasp!). In the new cd, there are no little girl parts in the songs, whereas there were definitely girl parts in the old songs. I can hum through the songs today and give you specific lines if you don't believe me Very Happy

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Jan 24 2012, 9:55 am
I'm going to check when I get home, if I remember. I definitely recall reading womens' names put to voices.
Or maybe just girls? There definitely are girls. The ones who need "pashuns" (that's how my 6 yo thought to spell it after hearing the song LOL )

amother

Post Tue, Jan 24 2012, 9:57 am
The girls on this one are all under 9.

yo'ma

Post Tue, Jan 24 2012, 12:36 pm
chavamom wrote:

Ever see the 613 torah avenue dvd chumash bereishis, lots of women and girls? Me and my kids are in it Very Happy .

shnitzel

Post Tue, Jan 24 2012, 12:45 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
I'm going to check when I get home, if I remember. I definitely recall reading womens' names put to voices.
Or maybe just girls? There definitely are girls. The ones who need "pashuns" (that's how my 6 yo thought to spell it after hearing the song LOL )

There aren't any women on it. They scrambled boys voices.

Orchid

Post Tue, Jan 24 2012, 6:55 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:

There ARE 2 girls on the cd with talking parts. There is also one "mommy" in the entire cd and it is played by a male. All other scenes involve fathers and sons.

Contrast to 25 years ago where a) little girls had talking and singing parts b) there were many mommies, and c) those mommies were played by real females

merelyme

Post Tue, Jan 24 2012, 7:03 pm
chavamom wrote:
September June wrote:

Right.

And look how "far" we've come in 20 years - that it's assumed it COULDN"T have been women on those cd's. Not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Since you quoted my post, I take it that this comment refers to me.

In response, I will state that I made no assumptions. I asked a question, based on the information I have (that one boy we know played a girl on a tape).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children