Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Does anyone elses child have Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome?

amother

Post Wed, Jan 04 2012, 2:42 pm
My 5.5 year old ds has CVS. I am looking for a support system. anyone else have a child with CVS?

mammala120

Post Tue, Jan 24 2012, 9:36 pm
what is cvs.
my child is 5 and she has night time cough and vomit problem....is taht what it is called.
she usually has this with sore throat. so I don't know if she vomit from sore throat or sore throat is from vomiting.

bnm

Post Tue, Jan 24 2012, 10:07 pm
mammala120 wrote:
what is cvs.
my child is 5 and she has night time cough and vomit problem....is taht what it is called.
she usually has this with sore throat. so I don't know if she vomit from sore throat or sore throat is from vomiting.

if your kid would have it you would know what it is.. (I'm sorry, I don't mean to sound condescending) CVS is when the child has episodes of repeated vomiting, keeps happening, can go for a few days

flowerpower

Post Tue, Jan 24 2012, 10:08 pm
I just spoke to someone whose ds has it. She says he has awful episodes once a month. My son would vomit out of the blue a lot like once a month but b"h it is almost in the past.

cranberry

Post Tue, Jan 24 2012, 10:16 pm
My daughter was diagnosed with CVS a few years ago. B'h, she had a pretty mild version. She would vomit for about 2 hours every 20 minutes, and then she would be totally fine. Then she would sometimes go a week before another episode, and sometimes months.

She hasn't an episode in years, though. So I don't know if it was a correct diagnosis or not. Although I did read that CVS, especially in kids, can be associated with stomach migraines (never heard of them before this), and dd pretty much always complains about stomach aches. We can't figure out the source of them, so I'm wondering if it's related to the CVS.

Does your son have a more severe case?

There are a few websites out there with information, if you haven't found them yet. I don't remember what they are, but I found them pretty easily with Google.

Pineapple

Post Tue, Jan 24 2012, 10:21 pm
What do they do for a child with CVS?

shnitzel

Post Tue, Jan 24 2012, 10:25 pm
mammala120 wrote:
what is cvs.

If the child isn't sick and is coughing at night regularly enough that they throw up it could be asthma.

bnm

Post Tue, Jan 24 2012, 10:27 pm
amother wrote:
My 5.5 year old ds has CVS. I am looking for a support system. anyone else have a child with CVS?

I once read a blog of a woman writing about her special needs child who had CVS. maybe you can google it and find it, I don't remember the name though.

bnm

Post Tue, Jan 24 2012, 10:29 pm
shnitzel wrote:
mammala120 wrote:
what is cvs.

If the child isn't sick and is coughing at night regularly enough that they throw up it could be asthma.

or reflux or a very senstive gag reflex. reflux can cause sore throat and reflux is associated with asthma.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 24 2012, 10:33 pm
I'm wondering if 5 year old DD has it. Can you share more info?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics