Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Is it right for schoolbus driver to drop off & ride away
Previous  1  2

precious

Post Wed, Jan 25 2012, 9:13 pm
my 5 year olds bus driver won't let kids off the bus without a parent waiting. I think he even drives them to the house if the parent is not by the stop.

happy12

Post Thu, Jan 26 2012, 11:47 am
I once came home to find my four year old crying behind the house. It was five minutes to 3:00 and daycamp did not end until 3:00. They went on a trip and had the children on the bus so they decided to drop the children off early. the stupid 18 year old bus monitor did not wait to see if a parent was home even though they dropped the children off 20 minutes early. It was a good thing my child was smart enough to wait by the back door until I came home a few minutes later. I called up the day camp and complained that it was not yet 3:00 and my child was left alone.

sky

Post Thu, Jan 26 2012, 11:52 am
precious wrote:
my 5 year olds bus driver won't let kids off the bus without a parent waiting. I think he even drives them to the house if the parent is not by the stop.

I'm asuming that is if its on the way. My stop is on the corner. I live to the right of the stop. But the bus makes a left from the corner. So to go by my house he'd have to alter his route, which I don't think he is allowed to do.

I have gone over a lot of situations with my 5 year old to prepare him just in case he comes home and is let off and no one answers the door. We go over the list of which neighbors he should go to. In which order and which route to take. But I want him to be prepared. Just like we go over what to do if he gets off at the wrong stop, if there are other kids there or not. I hope it should never happen, but what if it does?

I think every child should be prepared because mistakes do happen.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children