Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Any Trekkies here?
Previous  1  2  3

mamacita

Post Tue, Jan 31 2012, 7:42 pm
Yay! BH my dh is also a fan. We've gone to a comic-con together, it was so fun!

eschaya

Post Tue, Jan 31 2012, 8:53 pm
Wow, this brings back memories...
I used to be a fan (in HS), but it's been a long time. BTW, though I'd watched a few, I read every single star trek book in my library.

morah

Post Tue, Jan 31 2012, 9:40 pm
mummiedearest wrote:
marina sirtis's character is generally annoying but fun to make fun of. "I sense...pain! terrible pain, captain! Rolling Eyes " data was kinda fun. so was spot for that matter. and I liked barclay. wesley was the most annoying character possible.

Funny you say that about Deanna Troi (Marina Sirtis). DH and I also make fun of her! We also refer to her as "boob lady" because she wears revealing clothes instead of the Starfleet uniform. Yeah, Wesley was annoying, but they did get rid of him about halfway through by sending him to the Academy. I like Data and Geordi LaForge. Geordi was played by Levar Burton, who I remember from Reading Rainbow when I was little. I think Data is meant to be like Spock- just like Spock was Vulcan with no emotions, Data was an android incapable of experiencing emotion.

bluebird

Post Tue, Jan 31 2012, 11:05 pm
morah wrote:
mummiedearest wrote:
marina sirtis's character is generally annoying but fun to make fun of. "I sense...pain! terrible pain, captain! Rolling Eyes " data was kinda fun. so was spot for that matter. and I liked barclay. wesley was the most annoying character possible.

Funny you say that about Deanna Troi (Marina Sirtis). DH and I also make fun of her! We also refer to her as "boob lady" because she wears revealing clothes instead of the Starfleet uniform.

I HATED the uniforms they made her wear until she was finally given a real uniform toward the end of the show. It was obvious they were trying to make her eye candy and it was just so bleh. Same with Kira in DS9. Her uniform was practically painted on.

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Wed, Feb 01 2012, 12:10 pm
morah wrote:
... Geordi was played by Levar Burton, who I remember from Reading Rainbow when I was little...

there is actually a reading rainbow episode about how a tv show is made- and they do it on the set of TNG
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics