Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
DR SADAKA WERE DID YOU GO????EMERGENCY
Previous  1  2

mammala120

Post Tue, Jan 31 2012, 9:18 am
auntie_em wrote:
For medical emergencies, it is usually better to go to the ER instead of imamother.

Very important time can be wasted while posting about a very scary reaction your son was having,
and then waiting for responses.

Especially since you posted asking for very specific information regard one doctor in particular who is located in NY, and not for opions in general about vaccines, and possible reactions other people might have experienced.

Refuah Shleimah to your son. I am very glad you are now reunited with the Dr you trust so very much, and I hope you will never have to deal with the other one again. I would have been very frightened to get such a lazy response like the one she gave you.

we did go to ER please read well. I posted way after ER visit.

NaturalMom

Post Tue, Jan 31 2012, 6:38 pm
OP, how is your son doing? Is he still in the hospital?

Please make sure that your doctor reports this vaccine reaction to VEARS ASAP. Get on this today if you haven't so already.

Refuah shleimah. May your son come out of this fully healed and unscathed. You may want to see a homeopathic doctor to flush the vaccine out of his body.

allgood

Post Tue, Jan 31 2012, 7:36 pm
Just want to post that though I understand that people are against vaccines due to the harm it can do, I don't think this is considered amongst those reasons. It appears that your child had an allergic reaction to the shot. As my daughter was originally allergic to eggs, each time before giving her a vaccine her doctor used to verify that she wasn't allergic to eggs anymore- and that was with her original egg allergy not being all that bad

paprika

Post Tue, Jan 31 2012, 8:08 pm
Dr. Zagelbaum oversees this office. He's a great Dr. in Willi. If you have any problems, just call him. Ask the office for his Willi number, or if you want, I can check it for you.

cbsmommy

Post Tue, Jan 31 2012, 9:21 pm
allgood wrote:
Just want to post that though I understand that people are against vaccines due to the harm it can do, I don't think this is considered amongst those reasons. It appears that your child had an allergic reaction to the shot. As my daughter was originally allergic to eggs, each time before giving her a vaccine her doctor used to verify that she wasn't allergic to eggs anymore- and that was with her original egg allergy not being all that bad

Hold it. There are ALOT more things in vaccines that can cause a severe sudden allergic reaction, not just eggs. DD had a severe reaction to her prevnar and flu shots (anaphylaxis; bp dropped, swelling, vomiting, hives, the works). We spoke with immunologist at John Hopkins. Ignoring the very possible reaction of having hives as a result of a virus, or being allergic to a particular chemical preservative, various vaccines contain:
1) beef gelatin
2) pork gelatin
3) latex
4) eggs
5) shellfish

ALL of those can cause anaphylaxis. ESPECIALLY in the Jewish community, MANY MANY MANY parents/doctors are unaware of a child's potentially fatal pork or shellfish allergy. Latex used to be the 'glove of choice' for doctors, dentists, etc, but due to allergies among medical staff, many hospitals and doctors offices are latex free. If a child has a latex allergy and receives a shot that contains latex, there can be a nasty reaction.

To the OP, I would have been happy to discuss DDs reaction with you and I would have advised you to head to the ER immediately had I realized what the thread was really about. However your title led me to believe that perhaps your pediatrician moved to a different building, practice, etc and since I have no idea who Dr. Sadaka is (NY? EY? FL? LA?) I didn't even open your thread to check. In the future, consider using a different title in order to reach a broader audience.

mammala120

Post Wed, Feb 01 2012, 8:12 pm
thanks cbsmommy, you are correct. my son had dtap and ipv 2 times before with no issues. fist dose was five in one and he only had fever and crying long time, but not like waht happened to him with booster. I also believe it is something other then dtap and ipv adn afraid to vaccinate him further.

does anyone have or know how to get waiver for him not to ever vaccinate him from the government so the schools stop bothering me.

thankyou all for your concern and replyes, you all really helped me and been there for me both physicaly by reading and typing and emotionaly.

thankyou for your prayers. may hashem always whatch over all of us and help us.

update: in hospital my child was given steroids. I was shaking when I got there. my sons left side of face including lips, hands and legs were swollen. his left eye looked blood shot from swelling. he looked confused. he knew we came to er and kept asking to go home.
we were told to continue with steroids and benadryl for three more days.

it was very scary experience for all of us. this should never ever happen to anyone ever.

mammala120

Post Wed, Feb 01 2012, 8:19 pm
paprika wrote:
Dr. Zagelbaum oversees this office. He's a great Dr. in Willi. If you have any problems, just call him. Ask the office for his Willi number, or if you want, I can check it for you.

he might be great, however he was not helpful
I did call him right away when I discovered my child breaking out in hives, he said to start him on benadryl for three days and it will go away in three days. thats all he said. he never said it can get worse and to run to er if it does. he did not look alarmed or worried either. BUT when I called dr. sadaka next day after getting hold of his phone number, he was angry with me for agreeing to let another doctor give him combination shot. he knows my child from 6 months of age and was sooooo worried over phone.

every doctor is bashert with every different patient. what is right for one might not be right for another.

mammala120

Post Wed, Feb 01 2012, 8:21 pm
curlytop wrote:
I also used him about 5.5 years ago, he was the dr. on call in Maimondies when I delivered, and was very happy with him. Haven't heard of him in a while.
I dont understand , though, which pediatrician have you been seeing for the last 4 years?
Maybe you should go to the ER, they may want to deal with this reaction there.

he was doctor on call for the baby or to deliver the baby??
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics