Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Free online chabad pesach cookbook!!!

Tila

Post Sun, Feb 05 2012, 6:33 pm
I am just soooo excited!! TWO years I have been looking for this!!!
Here is the link:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/7818.....kbook

if, for some reason I did not get it right google Nshei pass-over cookbook, look for the listing with scribd!!!
just printed it!!!

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Feb 05 2012, 6:39 pm
im not so computer savy- just download and print?

Tila

Post Mon, Feb 06 2012, 5:19 am
If you are a facebook memeber, sign in with facebook, download and print. Otherwise you sign up with scrbp.

elaela

Post Mon, Feb 06 2012, 6:03 am
I have neither.
any chance to download it anyway?
otherwise ill just ask a friend with a fb account to download it and email it to me. I hope that works too.

Post Mon, Feb 06 2012, 6:24 am
Tila wrote:
If you are a facebook memeber, sign in with facebook, download and print. Otherwise you sign up with scrbp.

What is scrbp?

sunny90

Post Mon, Feb 06 2012, 7:04 am
I can't find it!

Strawberry2

Post Mon, Feb 06 2012, 7:25 am
Squishy wrote:
Tila wrote:

What is scrbp?

Scratching Head - Can't figure this out?

shoemaker

Post Mon, Feb 06 2012, 7:57 am
can you maybe try to link it? thanx.

Simple1

Post Mon, Feb 06 2012, 8:45 am
http://www.scribd.com/doc/7818.....kbook

Last edited by Simple1 on Mon, Mar 12 2012, 6:42 pm; edited 2 times in total

Chaviva

Post Mon, Feb 06 2012, 11:58 am
I didn't see anything clarifying this on the site, but if this cookbook is one that was sold, or is being posted without the permission of the people who put it together, than it's stealing to download it, both according to halacha and according to most countries' laws (and therefore also according to dinah dimalchusa dinah).

Scribd is full of illegal, "pirated" books that people post. It doesn't mean that it's okay to download them.

Grandma 1

Post Mon, Feb 06 2012, 12:17 pm
I'm not that computer savvy, but I tried to download the cookbook via the facebook link. Looks like you have to agree give scribd access to personal info. which they can use. I'm wary of doing this. Does anyone know a way to download the book without doing this?

hycup

Post Mon, Mar 12 2012, 3:11 pm
It looks like Neshai Chabad UK put it out for free (but I could be wrong. Is there anyone on here that knows for sure?)

CatLady

Post Mon, Mar 12 2012, 3:28 pm
Looks like a freebie to me - there's no mention of price anywhere in the document. And it's a great resource as well. I like the way some of the recipes don't specify exact quantities, because it's assumed you know what you're doing in the kitchen! That's the way my mother, z'l", would describe recipes to me. Since it's my first Pesach without her, this is a reminder of how I learned to cook with confidence.

I'll be printing it off, and bli neder sending them a Thank You donation.

Malka2222

Post Mon, Mar 12 2012, 5:23 pm
The online price for this book is 22.95 in US dollars. Unless you have explicit permission to use it for free, I suggest you BUY the book. I am sure people put a lot of work and effort into this book and just because someone posted the book online does not give anyone license to use it for free. Without explicit permission of the authors, using it for free online would be called stealing. Why start your Passover preparations, which are for the sake of Hashem right?, by stealing!!!!!

Simple1

Post Mon, Mar 12 2012, 5:41 pm
Malka2222 wrote:
The online price for this book is 22.95 in US dollars. Unless you have explicit permission to use it for free, I suggest you BUY the book. I am sure people put a lot of work and effort into this book and just because someone posted the book online does not give anyone license to use it for free. Without explicit permission of the authors, using it for free online would be called stealing. Why start your Passover preparations, which are for the sake of Hashem right?, by stealing!!!!!

I deleted my link. Sorry, I only posted because people seemed to say it was free (the book has been around last year too)

Raisin

Post Mon, Mar 12 2012, 6:09 pm
Simple1 wrote:
Malka2222 wrote:

I deleted my link. Sorry, I only posted because people seemed to say it was free (the book has been around last year too)

you are confused. there is indeed a pesach chabad cookbook, put out by nshei chabad of New York, the spice and spirit of kosher passover cooking http://www.judaism.com/display.....FCIAC which is for sale online and in bookshops. A great cookbook.

This cookbook linked to in this thread is an online only cookbook put together by neshei chabad of London. I've used both cookbooks and they are completely different.

simple, feel free to repost. This cookbook was never for sale and was always avaialble for free as a download.

Simple1

Post Mon, Mar 12 2012, 6:42 pm
Raisin wrote:
Simple1 wrote:
Malka2222 wrote:

you are confused. there is indeed a pesach chabad cookbook, put out by nshei chabad of New York, the spice and spirit of kosher passover cooking http://www.judaism.com/display.....FCIAC which is for sale online and in bookshops. A great cookbook.

This cookbook linked to in this thread is an online only cookbook put together by neshei chabad of London. I've used both cookbooks and they are completely different.

simple, feel free to repost. This cookbook was never for sale and was always avaialble for free as a download.

Thanks for clarifying!

mommyofboygirls

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 3:17 pm
Does anyone have this cookbook and can email it to me so I don't have to sign up?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics