Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Spinoff: To those who do not vaccinate

September June

Post Tue, Feb 07 2012, 6:11 pm
If the threads on Imamother are anything to go on, you probably did a lot of research before reaching this decision.

With that in mind:
If your child decided to vaccinate your grandchildren WWYD
If your child chose to be vaccinated as a legal adult but before marriage, would you react diffrently?

I personally felt that asking a shadchan if a child was vaccinated is silly. If a child is old enough to marry and have their own children, then they are fully capable of making decisions regarding their children's medical care together with their spouse. Even though we as parents may disapprove, there isn't much we can do (besides revoking the trust fund Wink ) without being a meddling Mil.
I started these spin-offs to see what the reactions would be on both sides.

amother

Post Tue, Feb 07 2012, 6:28 pm
I do not vaccinate my children. I feel that it is incredibly difficult to get balanced and correct information about the issues surrounding vaccination, from either side of the argument. I don't 100% trust the information available from either side, for a number of reasons.

If my children, at any point during adulthood, decided to vaccinate themselves or their children, it would make little impact on me. I would want them to do what they feel is best, based on their own situation and the set of potential risks they prefer. I would probably even support a teenage child in getting vaccinations, if the child wanted them and really needed them to qualify for a given activity, travel, or educational opportunity. I would hope my children were educated about spacing out vaccines and immune support before and after vaccination.

granolamom

Post Tue, Feb 07 2012, 8:25 pm
amother wrote:

If my children, at any point during adulthood, decided to vaccinate themselves or their children, it would make little impact on me. I would want them to do what they feel is best, based on their own situation and the set of potential risks they prefer. I would probably even support a teenage child in getting vaccinations, if the child wanted them and really needed them to qualify for a given activity, travel, or educational opportunity. I would hope my children were educated about spacing out vaccines and immune support before and after vaccination.

Thumbs Up

amother

Post Wed, Feb 08 2012, 7:50 am
granolamom wrote:
amother wrote:

Thumbs Up

This.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics