Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Aliyah- so confused on what to bring and not bring!! help!!!
Previous  1  2  3

amother

Post Tue, Feb 07 2012, 10:00 am
Tamiri wrote:
amother wrote:
OP here.

The most important thing now is just to figure out how much living space I will have. The bigger the more stuff I will bring . If My living space is on the smaller end I will prob leave behind alot of stuff and consider NOT taking my lift.
l.
The only way you will know is if you rent something before you move, which means a pilot trip. I am really worried that you don't have a lot of experience with Israel.....

OP here, what do you mean experience?? Who has experience with Israel, when making aliyah?? Aside from being in seminary for a year snd living in israel after I got married for a few months....do I need more experience than that??

Bh, we have family that will be able to seek out a living space for us at least temporarily. We prob are going to settle in YErushalyim iyh instead of BB...but nothings sets in stone

Will keep all updated thanks

Tamiri

Post Tue, Feb 07 2012, 10:08 am
I think that the same as someone checks out a new community before moving inside a country (State to State or even town to town), you need to do a lot of research.... a lot MORE research, when moving to Israel. I respectfully think that you are a bit clueless about Israel, housing, earnings and finances here. While a person can always learn - it's more pleasant to do it "the easy way", ie after tons of research. Being here for a year in Seminary or a visit here and there, while living off parents and/or American dollars/credit cards does nothing to prepare you for life in another country with different cultures and language and... well, everything. Coming prepared helps ensure your ultimate success! In my opinion, the questions you are asking indicate a lot of blanks to be filled in, and not davka the important ones.
In your opinion, are you prepared? For example, just OOC: why would you start life in Bnai Brak if you don't plan to stay? Moving is expensive, getting used to a place is hard and BB and Jlm are very different...

Tamiri

Post Tue, Feb 07 2012, 10:10 am
OP do you know how much rentals are in BB and Jlm? Do you know how much purchasing an apartment/house costs? Things like that are very important when making plans.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Feb 07 2012, 10:24 am
amother wrote:
OP here.

The most important thing now is just to figure out how much living space I will have. The bigger the more stuff I will bring . If My living space is on the smaller end I will prob leave behind alot of stuff and consider NOT taking my lift.

How much are you allowed to bring on the plane on NBN flights? Can I pay for extra suitcases? Assuming I will buy alot of second hand stuff when is a good time of the year to be on the lookout for such deals? Also anyone know good second hand stores that deliver. I hope to have my apartment furnished before I get there.

A million and one thanks to all of you on this great chesed of helping me get to the land of israel.
OP, have you talked to anyone from NBN with all of your questions? They are very helpful (I did not make aliyah through NBN by I just listened to one of their webinars about something that was relevant to me) and that is what their job is, to know the information that people ask about coming to live in israel.
Good luck to you.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 08 2012, 12:41 pm
Tamiri wrote:
OP do you know how much rentals are in BB and Jlm? Do you know how much purchasing an apartment/house costs? Things like that are very important when making plans.
[code]

I TOTALLY see what youre saying. I am doing a lot of research, Im not doing it the easy way out, I do have a realistic idea of llife in Israel.

As for the more important issues parnessah, schools, etc bc I am doing a lot of resaerch in other areas. Speaking to ppl we know AND that know us. Ppl that live in Israel, friends, family rabbanim.

Thanks you for your concern, but not to wrry. Im not as iresponsible or naive as Im coming across as.

Tamiri

Post Wed, Feb 08 2012, 12:48 pm
amother wrote:

Thanks you for your concern, but not to wrry. Im not as iresponsible or naive as Im coming across as.

Chas veshalom that you are irresponsible or naive. The questions seemed a little not-so-important if you don't have the basics lined up. But if you do - then any question is a good one! Behatzlacha!
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions