Home

Free Internet Filter - K9 Web Protection
Previous  1, 2

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

tryingmybest

Post Posted: Wed, Jul 20 2011, 5:33 am       Post subject: re: Free Internet Filter - K9 Web Protection
So I know this is an old thread but I'm having problems with K9 web protection. Every time I open the internet it says "not responding" on one computer and the other works for a short time before I need to restart it because it says "not responding". The one that doesn't work at all I tried uninstalling it but for some odd reason my password isn't working and they can't send an email with it because there isn't internet access! Nothing helps-I tried restarting a dozen times and it still doesn't work. Any advice?
Also, for anyone with teenagers who are tech-savvy-its one of the easiest filters to bypass.

israelmom

Post Posted: Wed, Jul 20 2011, 7:03 am       Post subject: re: Free Internet Filter - K9 Web Protection
How do you bypass it? I recently put it on specifically so my computer-savvy teen wouldn't bypass it?
How do you know it is easy to do?

Sorry, no answer for your issues with it.

Shuly

Post Posted: Tue, Dec 20 2011, 8:17 am       Post subject: re: Free Internet Filter - K9 Web Protection
I'm also looking for K9 help. Even though I made custom settings, it does not allow me to access any websites. I have to put in my password and temporarily disable K9 every time I want to use the internet.
Any advice?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Posted: Tue, Dec 20 2011, 10:35 am       Post subject:
Does it tell you why you can't access it? If it's the time or type of site?

Complimentary ad for being a mod

Shuly

Post Posted: Fri, Dec 23 2011, 5:36 am       Post subject: re: Free Internet Filter - K9 Web Protection
It says K9 can't connect with the internet to view the site, so it won't give me access. I wonder if K9 just doesn't work in Israel. I have to disable it every time I need to go on-line.

yo'ma

Post Posted: Thu, Jan 05 2012, 11:36 am       Post subject:
How do you allow access to a site, but not all? For example, I allow access to youtube, but not all of it.

Yael

Post Posted: Thu, Jan 05 2012, 1:12 pm       Post subject: re: Free Internet Filter - K9 Web Protection
Quote:
How do you allow access to a site, but not all? For example, I allow access to youtube, but not all of it.
I dont think you can allow parts of youtube and not other parts.
is that what you are asking?

unless you have a site where you can disallow www.xyz.com/thissection
and the rest of the site is not blocked.

that doesnt work with youtube though.

September June

Post Posted: Thu, Jan 05 2012, 8:36 pm       Post subject: re: Free Internet Filter - K9 Web Protection
K9 turns on safety mode for You tube which filters out inappropriate content (not everything though).

yo'ma

Post Posted: Thu, Jan 05 2012, 9:06 pm       Post subject:
Thank you both!

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Posted: Thu, Jan 05 2012, 9:10 pm       Post subject: re: Free Internet Filter - K9 Web Protection
been using K9 for years, thanks to Yael posting it on here Smile THANKS!!

Btw, does anyone else get frozen, or have a really long time opening, if you want to "view recent history?"

OutATowner

Post Posted: Wed, Feb 08 2012, 5:53 pm       Post subject: re: Free Internet Filter - K9 Web Protection
I finally downloaded K9, but it didn't do anything. I clicked all the default settings plus web advertisements in custom, plus news/media so I don't have to see garbage pictures on yahoo. I restarted my computer, it said my settings were changed, but nothing happened. Everything is still there.
How anticlimactic.

saraho

Post Posted: Mon, Sep 10 2012, 4:43 pm       Post subject: re: Free Internet Filter - K9 Web Protection
is there a way I can set up K9 that I wont have access to the password, and I shouldnt be able to reset the password myslef?

seeker

Post Posted: Thu, May 09 2013, 11:07 pm       Post subject: Re: re: Free Internet Filter - K9 Web Protection
saraho wrote:
is there a way I can set up K9 that I wont have access to the password, and I shouldnt be able to reset the password myslef?

I'm setting it up now and I don't know if this would work for everyone, but I'm going to have my husband and I each type in half a password. That way if anyone wants anything changed, we would need to both allow it. I hope it doesn't get too cumbersome if it over-blocks but I figure if the filter is to be effective at all it's better to over-block than under. Of course I would still be able to reset the password myself but then he'd obviously know, so it would be awkward and un-tempting.

Anonymous167

Post Posted: Sat, Aug 03 2013, 7:58 pm       Post subject: re: Free Internet Filter - K9 Web Protection
Thanks for sharing Smile
View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2