Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Headache from my shaitel

markmywords

Post Tue, Feb 07 2012, 11:54 pm
I have a fairly new wig. I think I bought the wrong size cap. It seems to fit (covers my scalp/hair) when I put it on, but within an hour or two I begin to get headaches. I've worn customs and only recently bought a precut from a different person. It's about two months old. What should I do?? What can be done about this???? I'm pretty upset as I'm feeling like I wasted my money and I saved for a really long time to e able to get this one. Oy.

black sheep

Post Tue, Feb 07 2012, 11:58 pm
well first see if the person you bought it from will exchange it for a bigger cap. if she won't, you CAN make the cap bigger, there are different ways to do this and it depends on the sheitel, so bring it to your sheitel macher to have this done.

black sheep

Post Wed, Feb 08 2012, 12:00 am
I once had a sheitel that was too small, and the sheitel macher sewed in a new section with hair and cap in the middle of the back and it fit very well, I wore it for a few years, and you couldn't tell the difference unless I took it off and showed you the inside of the cap (which I did sometimes, for my sisters who were curious...)

Post Wed, Feb 08 2012, 12:11 am
All Sheitals are too small for me as made. If it is a good sheital, I have the sheital macher do as blacksheep mentioned. If it is a cheapy, I just do it myself buy making two cuts above the temples and sew in elastic as extensions. They never show even the ones I do myself.

shlomitsmum

Post Wed, Feb 08 2012, 12:23 am
Wear it with your real hair wet ! I fixed 1 that I ordered on line like this .

Ruchel

Post Wed, Feb 08 2012, 10:39 am
My cap size can be adjusted. I just leave the thing "opened" for the biggest size, I also get head aches if it's too small. Though my size is supposed to be Small, I wear an "opened" M. Only problem, I can't wear the hair behind my ears because it "pushes" on my ears and they would look weird.

precious

Post Wed, Feb 08 2012, 9:41 pm
I used to have this prob - the sheitel macher removed the two side clips that were making it so tight and put in a comb on the bottom instead, so much better now!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels