Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Help me get duct tape adhesive off kitchen counters etc.
Previous  1  2

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Feb 12 2012, 6:35 pm
ra_mom wrote:
OOTBubby wrote:
paprika wrote:
For next year, use the blue tape that painters use to stick on the wall. Those, obviously, don't leave unwanted stuff behind.

A couple of years ago one of the Jewish publications said there was a white version of the blue painter's tape. I sent DH all over the city looking for it and no one had heard of it.
I use the extra wide masking tape. It's off white, sticks better than painter's tape, and doesn't leave residue.

That's what I've used too, though I find it doesn't always come off the roll so evenly. I found someone here who will help us with custom cutting a counter covering material (see my thread elsewhere here about that) and he said he's a got a good tape for us to use with it. When I see what it is, I'll let you all know.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Feb 12 2012, 7:04 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
ra_mom wrote:
OOTBubby wrote:
paprika wrote:
For next year, use the blue tape that painters use to stick on the wall. Those, obviously, don't leave unwanted stuff behind.

A couple of years ago one of the Jewish publications said there was a white version of the blue painter's tape. I sent DH all over the city looking for it and no one had heard of it.
I use the extra wide masking tape. It's off white, sticks better than painter's tape, and doesn't leave residue.

That's what I've used too, though I find it doesn't always come off the roll so evenly. I found someone here who will help us with custom cutting a counter covering material (see my thread elsewhere here about that) and he said he's a got a good tape for us to use with it. When I see what it is, I'll let you all know.
I just read your other thread.
Question, do you really need tape? We haven't used any tape the past 2 years, and I find it so much easier to deal with, so much easier to clean, and so much easier on the eyes.
We only use corrugated plastic, but I buy really big pieces and cut them so that I only use about 3-4 separate pieces (I understand your kitchen is large than mine and needs more coverage.) And I use them for a few years, then throw them out when I can't get them clean anymore.
And being that you're having yours cut to fit, you definately shouldn't have too many pieces. And if the material is stiff, why would you need tape?

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Feb 12 2012, 7:09 pm
ra_mom wrote:
OOTBubby wrote:
ra_mom wrote:
OOTBubby wrote:
paprika wrote:

Question, do you really need tape? We haven't used any tape the past 2 years, and I find it so much easier to deal with, so much easier to clean, and so much easier on the eyes.
We only use corrugated plastic, but I buy really big pieces and cut them so that I only use about 3-4 separate pieces (I understand your kitchen is large than mine and needs more coverage.) And I use them for a few years, then throw them out when I can't get them clean anymore.
And being that you're having yours cut to fit, you definately shouldn't have too many pieces. And if the material is stiff, why would you need tape?

Having not yet received the new material, I can't answer for sure, but I'd assume based on the past that it will still be moveable and can be easily pushed out of place. I particularly need tape around the skins (and there I used a special heavier duty duct tape that was more waterproof) to keep water from getting under the covers.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Feb 12 2012, 7:22 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
ra_mom wrote:
OOTBubby wrote:
ra_mom wrote:
OOTBubby wrote:
paprika wrote:

Having not yet received the new material, I can't answer for sure, but I'd assume based on the past that it will still be moveable and can be easily pushed out of place. I particularly need tape around the skins (and there I used a special heavier duty duct tape that was more waterproof) to keep water from getting under the covers.
I usually lift the counter covers once a day, and wipe down with a paper towel underneath, after doing the dishes.
But I do cut mine to fit so that they don't slide or move around.

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Feb 12 2012, 7:45 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I usually lift the counter covers once a day, and wipe down with a paper towel underneath, after doing the dishes.
But I do cut mine to fit so that they don't slide or move around.

I hope than can be cut to fit like that, but based on my layout, I doubt it will be possible in a number of places.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry