Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Purchasing kosher fish from a non kosher fish store
Previous  1  2

sarahd

Post Sun, Feb 12 2012, 4:58 am
alpidarkomama wrote:
sarahd wrote:
alpidarkomama wrote:
That's what we do! I bring my knife, scaler, and mat with me, and they're happy to do whatever I need. I can get all kinds of fish for under $3/lb this way. Or if I'm in a rush, I just take the whole fish and take care of it at home. YUM.

Where did you buy your scaler? I need to scale 25 pounds of fish every few months and it takes forever with a knife, besides affecting the quality of the fish. I would love to have a scaler.

I get most of my kitchen equipment here (w/link to scaler):

http://www.webstaurantstore.co......html

I'm hoping to be doing a bunch more scaling, since we hope to BE"H "plant" tilapia in the back yard soon! Smile

Thanks for the link! It's cheaper than I thought it would be. Smile

alpidarkomama

Post Sun, Feb 12 2012, 11:53 pm
chanamiriam wrote:
all orange fleshed fish are kosher and do not require skin to buy them

I've heard that before and was curious about how that could be since the flesh is colored by the food they eat (krill, in the case of wild salmon or special vitamins to color the fish in the case of farmed fish). Could other farmed fish also get their flesh colored from supplements in their food?? Well, I found an answer! For anyone else who might think it interesting... (I have to; I'm married to a fish farmer!) Smile

http://www.kashrut.com/article.....thin/
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions