Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Pasta salad problem

momontherun

Post Tue, Oct 24 2006, 8:17 pm
Whenever I have leftover pasta salad, I always have to add mayo because the pasta absorbs it. Whan can I do to avoid that? Am I cooking the pasta for too long?

jewgal84

Post Tue, Oct 24 2006, 11:41 pm
momontherun wrote:
Whenever I have leftover pasta salad, I always have to add mayo because the pasta absorbs it. Whan can I do to avoid that? Am I cooking the pasta for too long?

I find when I overcook the pasta, it tends to stick together, I usually add salt as I'm cooking it so the pasta doesnt stick as much.

Some people add oil!?

shanie5

Post Tue, Oct 24 2006, 11:44 pm
if you dress the salad while pasta is still warm, it absorbs the dressing more than iwhen its cooled. however, I find that it tastes better when dressed while warm.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Oct 25 2006, 9:57 am
boil the noodles a day or two before you need it, and then add the dressing before serving.

jewgal84

Post Wed, Oct 25 2006, 8:03 pm
SaraG wrote:
boil the noodles a day or two before you need it, and then add the dressing before serving.

Don't they end up sticking together or getting hard sitting in the refridgerator?

shopaholic

Post Thu, Oct 26 2006, 9:56 am
yeah, but mixing in the mayo helps loosen them.

momontherun

Post Thu, Oct 26 2006, 11:45 am
Thanks people! I'll try your suggestions. I did always dress it when it was warm. I'll prepare in advance in the future.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Oct 26 2006, 12:23 pm
get in there with your hands! great fun!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen