Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Soup
What do u roll up chicken cutlets with? (light or dark)

mol

Post Tue, Dec 20 2011, 2:28 am
whats a yummy filling to roll up a capon (pargiot) or chicken breast with besides pastrami? im getting bored of the regulars...TIA Smile

xoxo1

Post Tue, Dec 20 2011, 6:05 am
kishkah filling makes a great capon.

Pineapple

Post Tue, Dec 20 2011, 6:32 am
Potatoes
rice
Veggies

mol

Post Tue, Dec 20 2011, 7:56 am
thanx! kishka ive made and its soo good... pineapple, do u have a recipe for a rice stuffing?

Pineapple

Post Tue, Dec 20 2011, 8:23 pm
No sorry

Maybe try sautee onions/garlic/celery/mushrooms add to cooked rice then stuff

Pineapple

Post Tue, Dec 20 2011, 8:24 pm
Add spices when sauteing

HavingItAll

Post Tue, Dec 20 2011, 9:19 pm
Mushrooms sauted in (dry) red wine.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet, brown garlic, onions and/or shallots in the oil.
- If you want to add herbs, I find tarragon, rosemary and sage go beautifully. Not too much, though.
- Add cleaned sliced or chopped mushrooms, and sautee until they are a bit browned.
- Pour some dry red wine into the skillet and deglaze - scrape up all the flavourful bits stuck to the bottom of the pan. Then turn heat to lowest setting. (I can't be more precise about the amount of wine because I just do it by how it looks. 2 - 4 tablespoons? You could probably use dry white wine too, if you prefer the flavour.)
- Cover and let the mushrooms cook and reduce thoroughly, soaking up all the wine. Stir occasionally to make sure it's not overcooked.

Serve with chicken, either stuffed in a roll, in a pocket cut into a whole breast, or simply over the chicken. If you don't want to use any alcohol, or don't want to open a wine bottle just for that, any kind of stock would work too, but isn't as good at deglazing the pan.

shaini

Post Sat, Feb 18 2012, 6:40 am
Broccoli that has already been cooked. I usually cook it in the microwave, then finely chop it and add some lemon juice, the put the chicken around it and wrap in foil and cook in the oven or wrap in clingwrap and microwave one chicken cutlet for 1-2 minutes. Nice and simple.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics