Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Help what is this coming from?!!!

goforit

Post Wed, Feb 22 2012, 3:17 pm
my dd front private is red and irritated for 4 months! I was by dr 5x! We did urine sample came back fine. tried all kind of creams. Tried washing her pantys in dreft nothing! I'm going nuts she is in so much pain! when she was on atibotics 2 weeks she didn't complain. she is a real drama queen so could be she got her attention from taking her antibotics that she droped this? but sometimes I realy see its red! help me please with any info.

db815

Post Wed, Feb 22 2012, 3:19 pm
How old is she?? Mine has the same thing right now!! Shes only 9 months...

goforit

Post Wed, Feb 22 2012, 3:41 pm
she is 4 maybe some bathroom is not clean? is a pediatric obgyn gona do something? The dr keeps on saying its just irritated skin! But how do I get rid of this?

RachaelLeah

Post Wed, Feb 22 2012, 3:51 pm
my daughter (5yo) gets irritated there at times. I simply wipe it with a wet cloth and put some olive oil on it. Abd make sure to keep it clean, and that she's not shvitzing in her pajamas too much.

de_goldy

Post Wed, Feb 22 2012, 3:53 pm
I assume it goes without saying to make sure she bathes daily and doesn't wear underwear under her pj's. Also try socks more than tights. Let the area breathe as much as possible.

yksraya

Post Wed, Feb 22 2012, 3:57 pm
it might be a staph infection. my dd had a staph infection and her dr said it's dry skin. I went to a natural dr. (holistic approach) who told me it's a staph infection.

db815

Post Wed, Feb 22 2012, 4:03 pm
OP, what creams have you tried so far?

goforit

Post Wed, Feb 22 2012, 5:15 pm
thanks everyone for your advice. We tried first and antibactrial cream and then a hydrcotizone (however u spell that) cream. My gut feeling that its from inside maybe alergic to something cause why then when she was on atibotics did it not bother her? She takes a bath 3x a week should I try everyday I can for sure try what else?

wifey

Post Wed, Feb 22 2012, 6:51 pm
How old is your daughter? It could be a yeast infection - I know that I've gotten some where there is no discharge and just red rashy and itchy like crazy.

chani30

Post Wed, Feb 22 2012, 6:59 pm
it might be a yeast infection or maybe some kind of allergy

amother

Post Wed, Feb 22 2012, 7:03 pm
Try corn starch it works great also let her air out at night. Make sure she is always comletly dry after a bath put cornstarch in the bath as well.

seeker

Post Wed, Feb 22 2012, 7:20 pm
I'm surprised your doctor didn't recommend something anti-fungal. When you first said "all kinds of creams" I assumed that's what you meant. You mentioned she was on antibiotics but didn't say how recently - fungal (yeast) infections are very common after antibiotics, because they can upset the balance of microbes down there.

anonymom

Post Wed, Feb 22 2012, 7:26 pm
My thought was also yeast infection. Refuah shelaima.

yksraya

Post Wed, Feb 22 2012, 7:51 pm
if it's yeast infection try getting her off sugar for 2 weeks. yeast thrives on sugar.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Feb 22 2012, 9:05 pm
goforit wrote:
my dd front private is red and irritated for 4 months! I was by dr 5x! We did urine sample came back fine. tried all kind of creams. Tried washing her pantys in dreft nothing! I'm going nuts she is in so much pain! when she was on atibotics 2 weeks she didn't complain. she is a real drama queen so could be she got her attention from taking her antibotics that she droped this? but sometimes I realy see its red! help me please with any info.
My daughter is very prone to this. We went through months (years) of suffering before I learned that Floristor Kids could help her. It's a probiotic, but pro-yeast instead of pro-bacteria.
Mix one packet 2x day into a small amount of liquid. It tastes good. Just mix it with juice (not a lot, you want to make sure she drinks the whole thing. I just mix it into 1 Tbsp of liquid.)
When the irritation goes away, use one packet 1x a day for maintenance.
Also, do not wash her privates with soap. Just let her sit in the bath and soak. My doctor told me dd is too sensative there for even the gentle baby soaps, and that water is enough along with her natural PH balance.

goforit

Post Thu, Feb 23 2012, 2:29 pm
thanks ramom and all the other will try florstar. What else can I do for a yeast infection? Can such a young girl have a yeast infection?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Feb 23 2012, 4:17 pm
goforit wrote:
thanks ramom and all the other will try florstar. What else can I do for a yeast infection? Can such a young girl have a yeast infection?
I don't think it's a yeast infection. If it was, your doctor would have been able to detect it.
With my daughter, I suspect it's has something to do with her digestive system. Something is not right. Maybe fermenting. Sad

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Feb 23 2012, 5:28 pm
Also, shampoo at the end of the bath so she's not sitting in that...

Is she wearing tights recently? That could also be a source of irritation.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics