Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Diaper Rash - Best Cures, Remedies, please!

amother

Post Fri, Feb 24 2012, 12:53 pm
I am a grandma, babysitting this weekend for my 18 month old grandson.
He has a diaper rash. I know that things have changed since my children were little, so I'm wondering nowadays what the best method would be to help diaper rash...he seems very uncomfortable...
Would baby oil work, vaseline, powder...your suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

vicki

Post Fri, Feb 24 2012, 12:54 pm
I get the best results with Balmex.

chocolate chips

Post Fri, Feb 24 2012, 1:02 pm
johnsons or any diaper rash cream is good...plenty of it. Also before wiping with wipes, squirt some baby lotion on to make it easier to get the dirt off therefore less 'scrubbing' on the skin.

If nothing works try corn starch/potato flour...does wonders. Seriously!

amother

Post Fri, Feb 24 2012, 1:54 pm
If its very red, you may need a prescribed anti fungal, otherwise my secret is a piece of kleenex gently between the folds, after applying balmex, A & D, desitin, or any other rash ointment.
Works wonders, as the skin doesn't rub against itself, and heals much quicker that way.
Also warm bath, gently patting the area, and cutting back on acidic sweet food, like juices and other stuff that can be irritating.

IloveHashem613

Post Fri, Feb 24 2012, 2:04 pm
When my daughter was about 10 months old, she had a terrible, awful, horrible diaper rash for a week that just wouldn't go away until someone recommended I use Triple Paste. I dont know what is in that stuff but it worked wonders. Since then, whenever I see some redness in the diaper area, I use triple paste and its usually gone by the next diaper change. However, if its a yeast rash, then none of these creams will help and he will need a prescription for a cream.

sky

Post Fri, Feb 24 2012, 3:51 pm
Triple Paste is awesome.

amother

Post Fri, Feb 24 2012, 4:00 pm
Is Triple Paste something I can get over the counter? I will let his mom with taking him to the doctor next week if necessary.

amother

Post Fri, Feb 24 2012, 4:02 pm
Sorry, I meant to say, "I will let his mom deal with taking him to the doctor next week if necessary."
Thanks, everyone, for all your expert advice. Wish they had imamother when my kids were younger.

MGmom

Post Fri, Feb 24 2012, 4:24 pm
Dd had a diaper rash and even those prescribed didn't work. I used eucerin/aquaphor and twas almost gone by next diaper change! Seriously magic and pays to give it a try! G-shabbos!

m in Israel

Post Sat, Feb 25 2012, 12:23 pm
Corn starch dissolved in milk until it is a slightly runny paste (or thickish liquid). Pour it over the area after every diaper change. Sounds nuts but it really, really works.

chamco

Post Sat, Feb 25 2012, 12:45 pm
I find olive oil does a great job.

imeinu

Post Sat, Feb 25 2012, 1:58 pm
triple paste is really good. Its not prescription - you can get it in cvs or any pharmacy. My dr. actually reccommended it and we've had really good results.

amother

Post Sat, Feb 25 2012, 8:16 pm
What department of the pharmacy would I find Triple Paste in - the diaper rash section, or skin care? I would really like to keep a bottle handy...

gold21

Post Sat, Feb 25 2012, 9:04 pm
if the rash is not infected, then use Triple Paste, Balmex, or Desitin Original (do not use Desitin Creamy, which only contains a very small amount of the active ingredient, zinc oxide).

if the rash is infected, then use Nystatin or Vusion for fungal infections and Bactroban for bacterial infections.

ra_mom

Post Sat, Feb 25 2012, 9:11 pm
amother wrote:
What department of the pharmacy would I find Triple Paste in - the diaper rash section, or skin care? I would really like to keep a bottle handy...
Near the diapers and diaper creams.
Make sure to seal the diaper cream in with corn starch or potato starch, before closing the diaper.
Refuah Shelaima!

overthehill

Post Sat, Feb 25 2012, 9:33 pm
Bordeauxs Butt Paste.

The best diaper cream out there!

Rikola

Post Sat, Feb 25 2012, 10:38 pm
overthehill wrote:
Bordeauxs Butt Paste.

The best diaper cream out there!

The best, best, best. I discovered this 3 kids to late!

yksraya

Post Sat, Feb 25 2012, 10:42 pm
sesame seed oil is great for diaper rash and other rashes/skin conditions.

IloveHashem613

Post Sun, Feb 26 2012, 3:07 pm
whatever creams you apply to the diaper rash, make sure the area is clean and dry first!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics