Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
If your child had failure to thrive why???

Classicookie

Post Thu, Feb 23 2012, 9:44 pm
my almost 3 year old has not gained weight in almost a year and her overall growth before that was not the best she is a somewhere between 20 and 21 pounds we keep ruling out diff things we have no answers just trying to think of outher leads I can dissuos with my dr

tikva18

Post Thu, Feb 23 2012, 9:47 pm
Have you had a celiac panel done? have you tested for metabolic disorders? have you run allergy testing? What does her cbc show? is she deficient in any vitamins? they can do testing for that.

ElTam

Post Thu, Feb 23 2012, 9:50 pm
Failure to thrive in my child turned out to be allergies.

Classicookie

Post Thu, Feb 23 2012, 10:17 pm
tikva18 wrote:
Have you had a celiac panel done? have you tested for metabolic disorders? have you run allergy testing? What does her cbc show? is she deficient in any vitamins? they can do testing for that.

we did celiac panel -normal
cbc normal
no allerigys
she also has constant congestion so we did a sweet test that was normal too
to only issue that showed up was she had low protein so they r waiting on us doing a urine test which my dd is giving me an issue collecting and the stool test and by the time I brought it in waiting for the urine I had to toss bec I had it too long
and now taking her to and endocnligst and if nothing shows up doing an endoacipy

anonymrs

Post Fri, Feb 24 2012, 4:54 am
My dd has FTT. She is 13 months and weighs 15.5 pounds, she gained 5 ounces in the past 4 months and 2.5 pounds since she was 6 months old.

She has allergies but she is not eating anything that she's allergic to. Her CBC and vitamin/nutrition tests all came back normal. We're waiting for the results of the celiac testing. I am pretty concerned about her also.

elmos

Post Mon, Feb 27 2012, 9:29 am
let them do an endoscopy they may find a digestive reason
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics