Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Kids not having enough dairy - recipe ideas

Roses4me

Post Sun, Mar 04 2012, 3:34 pm
I think my kids are not having enough dairy. I thought it was a phase but it's been so long now and there's no sign of any interest..maybe I can find some nice recipes to put more into their diet.

they are 3 and 4 years old

they even refused to have more than a little bit of pizza the other day! and they usually love it

they have only a bit of milk in their cereal for breakfast and maybe a one or both may have a tub of yoghurt. They refuse any type of cheese - except the older one will have the sliced cheese sometimes.
they have lost interest in milk with choco. I don't want to make sweet things as they have enough in their day.

Any help would make a difference!
thanks

AlwaysGrateful

Post Sun, Mar 04 2012, 4:38 pm
What kinds of things DO they like? For example, what will they usually eat for lunch or for a non-meat dinner?

Better to build on those, I think. E.g., If they like tuna, try a tuna melt. If they like salad vegetables, try a salad with feta.

And if they just refuse, try finding other ways to put calcium and protein into their diets. Dairy isn't the only way.

AlwaysGrateful

Post Sun, Mar 04 2012, 4:58 pm
You can also make a healthy smoothie for them with yogurt and milk in it. Add in a banana, maybe some ice if they like that, some other fruits (especially in the summertime).

Have you tried noodles with cheese or cottage cheese? Sour cream dips (just add some garlic powder)? Cottage cheese with canned pineapple? Yogurts with crunchy things on top (like granola)?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics