Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
At what age do you start brushing your kids teeth?

abmom

Post Sat, Mar 03 2012, 7:35 pm
My 16 month old DS's teeth are a little yellow on top near the gums. Do I have to start brushing them already? Isn't he too young?

jelly belly

Post Sat, Mar 03 2012, 7:37 pm
You should start when they have teeth Smile. Definitely get started now. Use toothpaste without flouride until they are old enough not to swallow.

frumamn

Post Sat, Mar 03 2012, 7:54 pm
Many pediatric dentists will tell you to "brush" a baby's gums every so often even before they have teeth. rushing is for healthy gums as much as healthy teeth. But definitely start daily brushing when your baby has actual teeth

seeker

Post Sat, Mar 03 2012, 8:01 pm
Definitely not too young! You can start even before they have teeth just to develop the habit, but certainly as soon as the teeth appear is not too soon.

imamiri

Post Sat, Mar 03 2012, 8:02 pm
We were wiping DD's gums with a soft cloth until she got her first tooth. Then we started brushing. Now with all the teeth in at 2, we brush twice a day. She's pretty compliant which makes it easy.

boysrus

Post Sat, Mar 03 2012, 8:09 pm
you really need to start brushing wiht a toddlers toothpaste as soon as the first tooth comes in. its a bit of a battle sometimes, I find! good luck

ElTam

Post Sat, Mar 03 2012, 8:23 pm
I brush their gums with a soft baby toothbrush even before they have teeth. No toothpaste until they get to be over two though.

The earlier you start, I find, the easier it is, because they are just used to it.

gold21

Post Sat, Mar 03 2012, 8:24 pm
start at age 1.

buzz

Post Sat, Mar 03 2012, 10:45 pm
As soon as they have 2 or more teeth with a soft toothbrush from age 1 I get the kids toothpaste.

intrigued

Post Sun, Mar 04 2012, 12:01 am
As soon as he got teeth.

shevi82

Post Sun, Mar 04 2012, 12:25 am
As soon as they start eating food, my kids- usually 10 months. I only use toothpaste once they are a year old.

abmom

Post Sun, Mar 04 2012, 8:36 pm
Thanks everyone! My mother only starts brushing her kids teeth by 3 so I thought it's weird that his teeth are yellow. I'll go buy a toothbrush after purim iy"h. Thanks again.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics