Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
South Shore Yeshiva

PinkandYellow

Post Sun, Mar 18 2012, 1:38 am
We are moving to Far Rockaway and are looking for information on South Shore. My son is six years old and going into first grade. The only thing we've heard about them, so far, was from Darchei Torah people so we are trying to get a better, clearer picture of the school so that we can decide what is best for our son. Thanks.

granolamom

Post Sun, Mar 18 2012, 3:23 pm
we send our boys there.
in general though, we are very happy. great student/parent body, with exception of one 'just ok' rebbe, I've been thrilled with the rebbeim. most of the english teachers are fantastic although we have had a few that are no longer there and believe me, nobody misses them.
one of my kids gets enriched literacy and math, another gets lots of support from the resource room (he did not qualify for services from the district) for kriah, math and reading. I like that they invest in ALL the kids, not just the 'top students'. we had a bullying issue that was dealt with effectively, even if it took longer than I would have liked.
afaik, there arent too many far rock. boys although there are definitely at least a handful.
that's pretty much all I'll say publicly. if you have more specific issues, pm me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries