Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
ISO cleaning help in lakewood

be good

Post Sat, Mar 17 2012, 11:59 pm
How do I find a cleaning person? I am a big embarrassed to ask neighbors- they all have more kids than I do, and (larger) spotless homes, and I dont think they have cleaning ladies. (I could be wrong though.) I live in a tiny apartment, and am looking for 3 hours a week or 2 hours every other week. on a weekday morning, before 2 pm.

how do I go about finding someone?

amother

Post Sun, Mar 18 2012, 12:10 am
I also live in Lakewood and am desperate for cleaning help. I work full time and have two kids. One cleaning lady moved back to Mexico, the next one claims she's terribly ill in the hospital....I'm totally not managing. I need at least 6 hours a week, if not more. I need someone at night cause I work all day.

amother

Post Sun, Mar 18 2012, 12:40 am
There's an ad in BP under "cleaning services" or smth, a lady sends cleaning help to you for a small fee.

groisamomma

Post Sun, Mar 18 2012, 12:51 am
IME they aren't good ones. You have to train them from scratch and teach them from the bottom up. None of them speak a word of English. You also have to give them a minimum of hours.

amother

Post Sun, Mar 18 2012, 1:21 am
craigs list?

be good

Post Sun, Mar 18 2012, 1:25 am
is that safe?

groisamomma

Post Sun, Mar 18 2012, 1:27 am
I'd never do Craigs list after the murder story. Call me paranoid.

be good

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 8:55 am
murder story?? when/where was that?

and does anyone (PLEASE) have a suggestion for me, how to get a cleaning lady (for less than 6 hours at a time)?

Simple1

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 9:08 am
You really do have to ask neighbors, or people who live not to far from you, because in order to get a small amt of hours per week, you need to share the lady with your neighbors. Why are you embarrassed to ask? I thought most people in Lakewood (except newlyweds) have some amount of cleaning help. The only thing is you might have a hard time if the cleaner is booked solid.

jys

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 9:28 am
You can always split with a friend that lives close by I know thats what we do... What area do you live in? I might want to split 3 hours after 2 ( I work)...PM me if you do not want to post what area your in

be good

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 1:45 pm
Simple1 wrote:
You really do have to ask neighbors, or people who live not to far from you, because in order to get a small amt of hours per week, you need to share the lady with your neighbors. Why are you embarrassed to ask? I thought most people in Lakewood (except newlyweds) have some amount of cleaning help. The only thing is you might have a hard time if the cleaner is booked solid.

as far as I know, my neighbors mostly don't have help. many of them have teenagers who help around the house, I am quite young for my block. I have not lived here long and work long hours, hardly getting out, so I don't know anyone well. I asked one neighbor what she does for cleaning help, and she said she has never had any, in 25+ years of marriage, barring a few exceptional erev-pesach-with-newborn/9-mos-preg situations. she did generously add that my situation with little ones and long working hours was different, blah blah blah, but I still felt inadequate. not interested in having another similar exchange.

groisamomma

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 1:51 pm
be good wrote:
Simple1 wrote:

as far as I know, my neighbors mostly don't have help. many of them have teenagers who help around the house, I am quite young for my block. I have not lived here long and work long hours, hardly getting out, so I don't know anyone well. I asked one neighbor what she does for cleaning help, and she said she has never had any, in 25+ years of marriage, barring a few exceptional erev-pesach-with-newborn/9-mos-preg situations. she did generously add that my situation with little ones and long working hours was different, blah blah blah, but I still felt inadequate. not interested in having another similar exchange.

Then either she or her dh is a workhorse. Or they put their older children to work like slaves.

You aren't more riteous if you don't have a cleaning lady no matter what stage of life you're in.

Simple1

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 2:02 pm
be good wrote:
Simple1 wrote:

You asked one person? From my experience, I know many families who have even a little bit of help. I have only 3 hours per week, I could use more. And people wouldn't know unless they asked me if I have one - it's not like the neighbors see her everyday.

Also those are the ones y ou need to ask - the ones who have part time help. The ones who have daily help might not be able or willing to share their cleaner.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry