Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Girls tznius Cotton Nightgowns??

chanainisrael

Post Sun, Dec 04 2011, 11:54 pm
Been searching online at a few sites for the above that are cotton. Everything seems to be of polyester..any suggestions. My DD is nearly 5 and wants nightgowns! I dress my kids primarily in cotton so they don't sweat so much.

tikva18

Post Sun, Dec 04 2011, 11:58 pm
I also would like to get my dd a cotton nightgown, but it needs to not be treated with flame retardants.

rowo

Post Mon, Dec 05 2011, 5:35 am
I was recently looking into this, trying to find cotton nightgowns for my dd. I spoke to someone who manufactures clothing to ask how much it would cost to produce, thinking that there must be a (at least a small) market for little girls nightgowns in cotton that dont cost $50each. but he said the laws in america for nightwear are very tough, either has to be treated with flame retardants or tight fitting.
so we didn't really take it any further, obviously nightgowns aren't going to be snug fitting and I also don't want the polyester or heavily treated cotton.

Liba

Post Mon, Dec 05 2011, 6:18 am
Wink considering your username, I would assume you are in Israel where it is really easy to find nice cotton nightgowns for little girls IMO. Try bazar straus, small stores in guela or if you are in/near Beitar HaMerkaz has often had cute 100% cotton nightgowns as well. My third daughter is wearing one that my older two wore before her and it is now wearing out, but it got a lot of use and washing.

Do not look for US sources of cotton nightgown for little girls if you live in Israel. Here we have, there the laws made them rare and chemically treated...

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Dec 05 2011, 9:54 am
Lands End many times have simple pull on dresses that can be used as nightgowns if you really want. This is not the style I was thinking of, but it still looks comfy: http://www.landsend.com/pp/Smo.....index

tikva18

Post Mon, Dec 05 2011, 2:02 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Lands End many times have simple pull on dresses that can be used as nightgowns if you really want. This is not the style I was thinking of, but it still looks comfy: http://www.landsend.com/pp/Smo.....index

That is perfect for a nightgown. Smile

little_mage

Post Mon, Dec 05 2011, 2:58 pm
Try etsy or similar sites. You'll pay a bit more, because the stuff is handmade/custom made, but you can probably get exactly what you want. You don't say what your budget is.

chanainisrael

Post Mon, Dec 05 2011, 9:16 pm
Actually, I'm not in Israel, yet! We are IYH making Aliyah this coming summer. In the meantime I'm going to order some of the Lands Ends dresses....that should work for her, plus the price is right. Thanks for the lead!

2karen4

Post Mon, Mar 05 2012, 12:25 am
You can try www.belowtheknee.com they have nightgowns for girls at great prices

RG2

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 8:20 pm
what about carters?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers