Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
What do you do if you don't have a bathtub???

amother

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 6:09 pm
Not sure where to post this but we are looking to buy a house and one came up that seems like everything we are looking for EXCEPT.......there is no bathtub!
a) How do you bathe your kids? Especially when they no longer fit in the infant tub?
b) How do you ever do Friday night mikvah?

Thanks in advance!

Sherri

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 6:11 pm
This might be a stupid question, but how difficult would it be to put one in? If everything about the house is what you want...

Hatzlacha!

Avrahamamma

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 6:14 pm
1. My kid took showers as soon as he couldn't fit in his infant tub anymore. It was a big infant tub and by then he could stand.

2. Half hour bath is not halacha. At least not for sephardi. But in any case our mikvah has baths and the mikvah lady will accomodate if needed.

Happy18

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 6:19 pm
How many bathrooms are in this house? I've never heard of a house without at least one tub.
Would you be able to add a tub?

Fabulous

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 6:20 pm
Avrahamamma wrote:
1. My kid took showers as soon as he couldn't fit in his infant tub anymore. It was a big infant tub and by then he could stand.

2. Half hour bath is not halacha. At least not for sephardi. But in any case our mikvah has baths and the mikvah lady will accomodate if needed.

It is for most ashkenazim. I was once in Israel and had to go on y't and the apt only had half a bathtub. Rav said I had to shtup myself in there for the full half hour.

If you cannot put one in, it would be a deal breaker for me.

m in Israel

Post Tue, Mar 20 2012, 2:27 am
For young children you can buy a big plastic storage bin to put in the shower and use as a bigger version of a baby bath until they are old enough to stand by themselves in the shower.

Most mikvahs can make arrangements for you to use the baths there even on an Erev Shabbos, but obviously it may not be so convenient for you.

I'm with the other posters, though. Are you sure you can't put one in?

Raisin

Post Tue, Mar 20 2012, 3:37 am
you might be able to fit in a small sized bathtub.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Mar 20 2012, 4:41 pm
what about the kind of tub that you walk into ?

Ruchel

Post Sat, Mar 24 2012, 1:53 pm
We used to consider no bathtub a deal breaker, but indeed we reconsidered. A child can be showered when he can't fit a baby bathtub, and mikve wise you can either bathe there if anyway you can't go on shabbes, or ask a heter. So it's a thing to discuss with your rav Wink
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics