Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Day camp for 3yr old that doesn't go out on trips

thedudette

Post Thu, Mar 22 2012, 7:07 pm
so I send my 2yr old now to a really good preschool and thought I would send him to camp there but I just found out it would be all new morahs for the summer and they take them out on trips which I dont want. anyone know of a day camp around M and ocean parkway that's good, reasonable and doesnt take them out on trips but still brings in entertainment? thanks

SivanMom

Post Thu, Mar 22 2012, 7:30 pm
Sorry, I can't help, I don't live in Brooklyn, but I just wanted to say that I can't believe camps take 3 year olds on trips! Why would they want that responsibility when the kids don't know the difference? My 5 year old last year was in a big camp (not a back yard camp) and they would bring the entertainment in (like a water slide or puppet show) instead of out because it was so much safer. I was totally on board with that and he never questioned it. A 3 year old! When he was 4, my son did go on a trip. To the grocery store across the street to buy baking ingredients. That was it, and I would not have been happy if it had been any further.

thedudette

Post Thu, Mar 22 2012, 7:49 pm
I know- it's nuts! I found a different place that doesnt but doesn't bring anything in (all they do diff is swimming) and why would I pay $160 more a half for that?! I wish they had a backyard camp type thing here....

lovemykids

Post Thu, Mar 22 2012, 9:20 pm
I send to one in Boro Park but I'm assuming that wouldn't be interesting for you.

happy mom1

Post Thu, Mar 22 2012, 9:30 pm
Which one in boro park doesn't go on trips?

octopus

Post Thu, Mar 22 2012, 10:04 pm
I'm pretty sure that prospect park day camp doesn't go on trips but brings the trips to the little kids. and they take boys and girls for the preschool.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Mar 23 2012, 5:24 pm
happy mom1 wrote:
Which one in boro park doesn't go on trips?
BY day camp goes on few trips in preschool. Think around 3 times a summer. Usually twice locally like Kids Gym, and once to an amusement park (which I hate.)

brooklyn

Post Sun, Mar 25 2012, 3:47 pm
Call Briendy from Shalom Day Camp. They are on Ocean Ave bet K and L. 917-544-0704

Lizzy332

Post Thu, Mar 29 2012, 2:34 pm
lovemykids wrote:
I send to one in Boro Park but I'm assuming that wouldn't be interesting for you.

To "lovemykids" - I am actually still researching for day camps for my 3 year old in Boro Park. I have been in touch with a Mrs. Joseph (s) in Boro Park and she sounds lovely, the only thing I am slightly concerned with is that it is primarily a yiddish speaking camp. I am told they will speak to the children according to their understood language though. Since you mentioned Boro Park previously, can you please share the camp you send your child/children to?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers