Home

Day camp for 3yr old that doesn't go out on trips

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

thedudette

Post Posted: Thu, Mar 22 2012, 6:07 pm       Post subject: day camp for 3yr old that doesn't go out on trips
so I send my 2yr old now to a really good preschool and thought I would send him to camp there but I just found out it would be all new morahs for the summer and they take them out on trips which I dont want. anyone know of a day camp around M and ocean parkway that's good, reasonable and doesnt take them out on trips but still brings in entertainment? thanks

SivanMom

Post Posted: Thu, Mar 22 2012, 6:30 pm       Post subject: re: day camp for 3yr old that doesn't go out on trips
Sorry, I can't help, I don't live in Brooklyn, but I just wanted to say that I can't believe camps take 3 year olds on trips! Why would they want that responsibility when the kids don't know the difference? My 5 year old last year was in a big camp (not a back yard camp) and they would bring the entertainment in (like a water slide or puppet show) instead of out because it was so much safer. I was totally on board with that and he never questioned it. A 3 year old! When he was 4, my son did go on a trip. To the grocery store across the street to buy baking ingredients. That was it, and I would not have been happy if it had been any further.

thedudette

Post Posted: Thu, Mar 22 2012, 6:49 pm       Post subject: re: day camp for 3yr old that doesn't go out on trips
I know- it's nuts! I found a different place that doesnt but doesn't bring anything in (all they do diff is swimming) and why would I pay $160 more a half for that?! I wish they had a backyard camp type thing here....

lovemykids

Post Posted: Thu, Mar 22 2012, 8:20 pm       Post subject: re: day camp for 3yr old that doesn't go out on trips
I send to one in Boro Park but I'm assuming that wouldn't be interesting for you.

happy mom1

Post Posted: Thu, Mar 22 2012, 8:30 pm       Post subject: re: day camp for 3yr old that doesn't go out on trips
Which one in boro park doesn't go on trips?

octopus

Post Posted: Thu, Mar 22 2012, 9:04 pm       Post subject: re: day camp for 3yr old that doesn't go out on trips
I'm pretty sure that prospect park day camp doesn't go on trips but brings the trips to the little kids. and they take boys and girls for the preschool.

ra_mom

Post Posted: Fri, Mar 23 2012, 4:24 pm       Post subject: Re: re: day camp for 3yr old that doesn't go out on trips
happy mom1 wrote:
Which one in boro park doesn't go on trips?
BY day camp goes on few trips in preschool. Think around 3 times a summer. Usually twice locally like Kids Gym, and once to an amusement park (which I hate.)

brooklyn

Post Posted: Sun, Mar 25 2012, 2:47 pm       Post subject: re: day camp for 3yr old that doesn't go out on trips
Call Briendy from Shalom Day Camp. They are on Ocean Ave bet K and L. 917-544-0704

Lizzy332

Post Posted: Thu, Mar 29 2012, 1:34 pm       Post subject: Re: re: day camp for 3yr old that doesn't go out on trips
lovemykids wrote:
I send to one in Boro Park but I'm assuming that wouldn't be interesting for you.

To "lovemykids" - I am actually still researching for day camps for my 3 year old in Boro Park. I have been in touch with a Mrs. Joseph (s) in Boro Park and she sounds lovely, the only thing I am slightly concerned with is that it is primarily a yiddish speaking camp. I am told they will speak to the children according to their understood language though. Since you mentioned Boro Park previously, can you please share the camp you send your child/children to?
View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Page 1 of 1