Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
Jews prisoners in Arabia!

Ruchel

Post Tue, Nov 18 2008, 5:15 pm
French Jewish girl marries Saudi prince who pretended his maternal grandmother was a Jew who ran away from Europe during the war, but agrees to live in Saudi Arabia and raise their daughter Muslim, and they're now both prisoners in a palace in Riyad, Saudi Arabia.

Apparently the mother will be released, but her daughter, beaten regularly at school for saying she is a Jew, will stay there, and the mother agrees to leaving as long as she can see her daughter "during school vacation". I have no words.

Please pray for this poor little girl, Aya bat Candice.
And for the mother to come back to herself, Candice bat Muriel.

http://2morocco.blogspot.com/2......html

Ruchel

Post Wed, Nov 19 2008, 11:43 am
up, the news are not good

shosh

Post Wed, Nov 19 2008, 1:20 pm
Unfortunately, the English in this link is so bad that I don't quite understand the story. Is there any way to write this more clearly so we understand exactly what's going on here?

Ruchel

Post Thu, Nov 20 2008, 10:54 am
Oh.
Well the short story is what I posted. If there are questions I can try to answer...

Aribenj

Post Thu, Nov 20 2008, 8:23 pm
Wow... That's Terrible! Kinda sounds like that movie... Not without my daughter?

How did she get her story out if she's being held prisoner?

Ruchel

Post Fri, Nov 21 2008, 3:38 am
Apparently she found access to a comp, and created a Facebook profile with her grandmother's surname (Candice Cohen).
But that's why some people are doubting it's true (despite videos of her), or fully true. It's a huge "machlokes" in the French community, but I'm trying to find more...

Ruchel

Post Fri, Mar 23 2012, 1:13 pm
The mom is BH out, but not the girl Sad

Petra

Post Fri, Mar 23 2012, 1:27 pm
Why would a Jew willinginly go to live in Saudi Arabia!

amother

Post Fri, Mar 23 2012, 1:33 pm
There are similar stories in Yemen. However there the girls are captured and forced to marry to arabs.
I personally know two such girls. Crying One was already here in the US but went back to Yemen to visit family and was captured by the arabs. She was such a beautiful lovely young girl and it's been a difficult process getting her out with no success yet Crying. The other one was captured by the Yemen royal family about 10 years ago because she was very beautiful. She already has children and after all these years and being beaten and brainwashed she probably doesn't remember that she was once Jewish. Crying

Sorry for sidetracking here. I feel personal pain when reading such stories and will have this little girl in mind when davening.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed