Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
A vent

cbsmommy

Post Fri, Mar 23 2012, 2:30 pm
So I wasn't sure where to put this one. Mental health? Pregnancy? Shalom Bayis? The possibilities were just endless.

So I plunked it into children's health.

Our pediatrician has wonderful walk-in hours for sick children. Nice and early in the morning. Well, even earlier this morning, before the sun came up, a radiator my almost-three-year-old climbed into bed with me.

"Mommy, my tummy hurts."

Yes imamothers. We ALL know what that one means.

Thankfully, for the first time ever, DH got to learn how awful it is to wash bodily fluids out of one's hair.

I'm 500 weeks pregnant, I no longer need the cheap thrill.

Anyway, DH cleaned everyone up. Administered medication. Announced we were going to walk-in in the morning to see "our friend doctor xyz!" And everyone returned to their respective beds.

At 6-something-this-morning, DD bounced into our room just as the alarm was going off. DH said, "It's ok honey, I'll get her dressed and take her to walk in. You sleep in."

So I did.

At 9 ish this morning, I get a phone call from DH that kicks in on the answering machine. "Don't worry about DD. She was playing and happy so I figured she's not really sick, I didn't take her to the doctor, and I let you sleep in. I know you're due any minute, so I figured you wanted to sleep."

A human radiator DD crawls into my bed 2 minutes later and says "Mommy get up! Come play with me!" She then leads me into the bathroom where she's used the potty all by herself.

Just fyi, that was so much fun to clean.

She's been bouncing around the house ever since.

Why is it that toddlers have roughly the same energy as the energizer bunny when they run temperatures of 102? Do manufacturers put speed into children's motrin? Is that the reason it secretly works? And in other news, is it ok if I murder DH for requiring me to run out of the house in the middle of the afternoon for a strep test, or do I figure the vomit-in-hair business was punishment enough?

the world's best mom

Post Fri, Mar 23 2012, 5:01 pm
Just wanted to let you know that when I saw this thread under children's health, I thought it might be about a kid on a respirator- or ventillator (often called a vent for short.)

Anyway, I think your husband sounds very caring and wonderful and you should just be thankful that he did what he did instead of worrying about what he didn't do.

mo5

Post Sat, Mar 24 2012, 9:39 am
Thanks for the laugh.
Seriously I hope your dd feels better & u feel good too.

oliveoil

Post Sat, Mar 24 2012, 1:31 pm
I think your husband did a great job.
He took your child out for a couple of hours so you could sleep in.
Not need to run to the doctor when your kid's only been sick a few hours!

cbsmommy

Post Sat, Mar 24 2012, 9:27 pm
Update -
My mommy ESP was correct. The culture came back positive for strep throat.

DD's on the mend.

Now we get to play the game of strep wonder ball. As in I-wonder-who-will-catch-it-next.

2 weeks before Pesach.
Less than 1 week until my due date.

YAY!

Oh wait...
no.
Not yay.

ElTam

Post Sat, Mar 24 2012, 9:35 pm
I hear what you were saying. You said you were taking baby to walk-in. If DH didn't want to do that, he should have told you, not let you sleep in.

Hope everyone is feeling better.

B'sha'ah tovah.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics