Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Badatz Toronto

amother

Post Sun, Mar 18 2012, 10:01 pm
where are people holding on this hechsher and any recommendations for places they supervise? Interested to know. TIA

Gerbera

Post Sun, Mar 18 2012, 10:51 pm
There are no badatz toronto only supervised restaurants...some factories are under badatz - you can see them listed on their website.

luvinlife

Post Sun, Mar 18 2012, 11:09 pm
It is a very reliable hashgacha and I think they only do wedding halls for what I hear.

Marion

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 12:12 am
Badatz Toronto is reliable. [Almost] all their mashgichim used to work at COR; they left due to community politics, not due to kashrut issues. IMO it's a good thing that COR no longer has a kashrut monopoly in the city; there was a lot of corruption when they were the only game in town.

I believe the above poster is correct; they mostly supervise at shuls and simcha halls.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 5:31 pm
This is why I am confused about Badatz:

"Hamizrach Restaurant and Banquet Hall is under the supervision of Rav Yakov Yecheskiya Sofer shlita head of Vaad Hakashrut Adas Yisrael, in conjuction with Rav David Shochet Shlita, Rabbi of Lubavitch congregation Toronto, and Hachacham Amram Assayag shlita, chief Rabbi of Safaradic community of Ontario, head of Badatz Toronto."

would like to go there...anybody been?

Luv2Bake

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 5:46 pm
Hamizrach is also under COR.

Gerbera

Post Sat, Mar 24 2012, 9:49 pm
Hamizrach is under COR now. I've been - they now have an all you can eat sushi lunch from I think 11:00-3:00 during the week. It also includes some salads, soups, noodles, etc - what you dont eat they make you pay for though - so go easy on the ordering - all made fresh - no buffet or anything.

Chana Miriam S

Post Sat, Mar 24 2012, 9:56 pm
hamizrach poached their sushi chef from the unkosher restaurant ginzu and it is without exception the best sushi I have ever had in a kosher establishment. I also love the chicken tabaka....I hold by badatz. I also hold by COR.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics