Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
My 10 mo. old is not eating/drinking enough. HELP!

TH8810

Post Thu, Mar 29 2012, 1:38 pm
My 10mo old son has become uninterested in formula, he just wants real food. he will not have anything mush or liquidy so that means no yogurt (although he once went through a month of only wanting yogurt), oatmeal baby cereal, soup....iv tried it all.
I am having a hard time finding nutritious foods for him. he likes scrambled eggs which is healthy but everything else is not. he loves crackers,bamba,pizza,noodles,noodle kugel and above all american cheese. He is so obsessed with american cheese, which is very unhealthy. He loves oranges and kiwi and I just discovered hat he likes fresh soft chicken schnitzel. he once ate chulent too.
The doctor is not concerned because he is not losing weight and he has been 50th percentile his whole life.
I feel so lost and out of control and mostly like I am being a bad mother, Please help me find a healthy balanced menu.

ElTam

Post Thu, Mar 29 2012, 1:43 pm
If your doctor is not concerned, I wouldn't be. Continue to offer a balance of foods, a small amounts each meal. Kids take 10 to 20 exposures to anything before they consider something "food," as in something to eat. And kids are remarkable at picking up on your stress about their eating, which often leads them to rejecting more foods if you make a big deal about it.

Also, kids are not known for eating a balanced menu. They go through stages like the one you describe with yogurt, where they want nothing but, and the next minute they won't touch the much-loved food.

Don't stress!

sky

Post Thu, Mar 29 2012, 1:56 pm
If I was him I also wouldn't want oatmeal, mushy stuff or formula.
I'd want real food.
Buy other cheeses. Try mozzarella cheese and offer it instead. Here they sell mozzarella sticks I give instead of American cheese or string cheese.
You can give him avocado, banana diced. shnitzel is a great start. Look at what you eat and can adapt it to him.
Also if you let him self feed he is probably more willing to eat food, like veggies diced from the soup.
You can also save cholent from shabbos to serve him Sunday and/or Monday.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics