Home

Does potato flour = potato starch?

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Report offensive ad

cranberry

Post Posted: Thu, Mar 29 2012, 5:04 pm       Post subject: Does potato flour = potato starch?
I've seen a few recipes that call for potato flour. Is that the same thing as potato starch, or is it something else? Thanks.

Liba

Post Posted: Thu, Mar 29 2012, 5:09 pm       Post subject: re: Does potato flour = potato starch?
no, potato starch is the starch of the potato. Potato flour is the whole dehydrated potato made into flour.

cranberry

Post Posted: Thu, Mar 29 2012, 5:10 pm       Post subject: re: Does potato flour = potato starch?
Okay, so it occurred to me AFTER I posted this to do a search for potato flour in case anyone already asked this. I see they're the same. Thanks.

cranberry

Post Posted: Thu, Mar 29 2012, 5:11 pm       Post subject: Re: re: Does potato flour = potato starch?
Liba wrote:
no, potato starch is the starch of the potato. Potato flour is the whole dehydrated potato made into flour.

Really? I just found three old posts that say it's the same thing. Now I'm confused.

OOTBubby

Post Posted: Thu, Mar 29 2012, 5:17 pm       Post subject: re: Does potato flour = potato starch?
I think that if you're asking in terms of general Pesach recipes, then the same thing is meant.

There may be a technical difference in the terms as Liba states, but generally people giving over recipes don't differentiate and use both terms for the Pesach "potato starch" used in recipes.

Amazing weight loss program -- ask me how! See my ad with the topic "Lose Weight Quickly and Easily" in the Weight loss and exercise section for more information.
Visit poster's website

cranberry

Post Posted: Thu, Mar 29 2012, 7:25 pm       Post subject: re: Does potato flour = potato starch?
Okay. I was looking at Pesach recipes. So now I have more recipes I can try Smile

boysrus

Post Posted: Thu, Mar 29 2012, 11:25 pm       Post subject: re: Does potato flour = potato starch?
Hi Op, I am a brit living in the states.
in the UK, it is called potato flour
in the US it is called potato starch - and as with everything else in the USA, it comes in packages about 5 times the size!
it is exactly the same!
View previous topic :: View next topic

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Page 1 of 1