Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
Does potato flour = potato starch?

cranberry

Post Thu, Mar 29 2012, 5:04 pm
I've seen a few recipes that call for potato flour. Is that the same thing as potato starch, or is it something else? Thanks.

Liba

Post Thu, Mar 29 2012, 5:09 pm
no, potato starch is the starch of the potato. Potato flour is the whole dehydrated potato made into flour.

cranberry

Post Thu, Mar 29 2012, 5:10 pm
Okay, so it occurred to me AFTER I posted this to do a search for potato flour in case anyone already asked this. I see they're the same. Thanks.

cranberry

Post Thu, Mar 29 2012, 5:11 pm
Liba wrote:
no, potato starch is the starch of the potato. Potato flour is the whole dehydrated potato made into flour.

Really? I just found three old posts that say it's the same thing. Now I'm confused.

OOTBubby

Post Thu, Mar 29 2012, 5:17 pm
I think that if you're asking in terms of general Pesach recipes, then the same thing is meant.

There may be a technical difference in the terms as Liba states, but generally people giving over recipes don't differentiate and use both terms for the Pesach "potato starch" used in recipes.

cranberry

Post Thu, Mar 29 2012, 7:25 pm
Okay. I was looking at Pesach recipes. So now I have more recipes I can try Smile

boysrus

Post Thu, Mar 29 2012, 11:25 pm
Hi Op, I am a brit living in the states.
in the UK, it is called potato flour
in the US it is called potato starch - and as with everything else in the USA, it comes in packages about 5 times the size!
it is exactly the same!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics