Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links
80's 90's nostalgia

seeker

Post Fri, Mar 30 2012, 4:47 pm
Just stumbled across imremembering.com . This blog is rather obsessive but it's spooky what a warm fuzzy feeling I get when I see something I had as a kid!

yo'ma

Post Fri, Mar 30 2012, 5:18 pm
What memories!!!

sequoia

Post Fri, Mar 30 2012, 5:25 pm
Bread and jam for Frances!

celestial

Post Fri, Mar 30 2012, 6:58 pm
sequoia wrote:
Bread and jam for Frances!

Used to love that!!

seeker

Post Sun, Apr 01 2012, 12:58 am
Fortunately the Frances books are still around here and there. Unlike some of the other things there... Original Mario, anyone? The graphics might have updated but I still feel like the old games were more fun. Or maybe we had lower standards. Or both.

seeker

Post Sun, Apr 01 2012, 1:56 pm
Anyone want to join in a confessional?

I had my little ponies and trolls. Cabbage Patch dolls, Care Bears, and Popples (which I'd forgotten about until now). Polly pockets, fashion plates, and an imitation of the rock tumbler. The little boys I played with were into the ninja turtles. I recognize those stickers and wonder where they went. We had the Fisher Price garage, cash register, and doctor kit (my mother still has the doctor kit but it does NOT look like the picture anymore! That brought back memories!) We even had a boxy computer with a green-on-black screen, but that was my father's for work, I never touched it. The Sesame Street baby toy with five characters that pop up, definitely remember that. One of the nieces or nephews must have killed it because I haven't seen it in a while. I bet DD would enjoy something like that, haven't seen them quite like that anymore, just cheesy imitations. We didn't have a nintendo but the neighbors did, I used to hope for a go on it whenever I was there but they didn't encourage too much video games. Still, I fondly remember Duck Hunt and the original Mario.

I never realized I had so much stuff. I just had one to a few of each of the fad things, but even so this list is making me feel like I must have been a pretty spoiled kid

Not familiar with most of the shows and pop culture references, but we did have some characters from them on toys or games that I didn't know what they were exactly. Smurfs, those dinosaur characters.

sad to say but I'm really hooked. I have this in the "back" of my browser and every now and then while waiting for something else to load I keep going back another page!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links