Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Cleaning help in Lakewood

sky

Post Mon, Apr 02 2012, 10:26 am
I REALLY need some cleaning help over the next few days.
I was going to ask DH to go to the muster zone and see if anyone there knows someone who would like some work. Any other way of going about it? advice on the best way to ask. DH doesn't love the idea but I'm not sure I have a choice right now.
I tried calling the local ladies in town who find help but it hasn't been working out and I feel bad to keep bothering them. (I think its a HUGE chessed that they do it and I don't know how they do it before yom tov)

mamaleh

Post Mon, Apr 02 2012, 12:14 pm
In the weeks before Pesach that is really the only way to get help and even then you can't always rely on them showing up, Hatzlacha!

be good

Post Mon, Apr 02 2012, 1:49 pm
whats the muster zone?

I have someone who cleaned by me last week. she only speaks spanish, I communicated wit her via "google translate". she was VERY fast, and did what she did well, but I did have to explicitly ask er to do most things, which was fine.

pm me for her number.

sky

Post Mon, Apr 02 2012, 1:50 pm
Someone told me they would bring a lady to clean . I called them twice. each time they said they are on the way. Guess it will be a long night. I still have to work and clean.

sky

Post Mon, Apr 02 2012, 1:52 pm
be good wrote:
whats the muster zone?

I have someone who cleaned by me last week. she only speaks spanish, I communicated wit her via "google translate". she was VERY fast, and did what she did well, but I did have to explicitly ask er to do most things, which was fine.

pm me for her number.

the area on second and rt 9 where they built a shelter for day labors to legally wait for work.

be good

Post Mon, Apr 02 2012, 5:08 pm
I will check it out next time I pass. I never noticed, but I never payed attention! thanks for helping me get in on lakewood lingo!

sky

Post Mon, Apr 02 2012, 5:34 pm
sky wrote:
Someone told me they would bring a lady to clean . I called them twice. each time they said they are on the way. Guess it will be a long night. I still have to work and clean.

Well in the end she showed up at 5:30. And I feel bad saying this but she didn't really clean. I asked her to wash my kitchen walls. She washed the surface dirt around her eye level. She didn't clean higher or lower and she didn't scrub so you can' really even tell that it was washed. and that was the least of it, and I am not picky. We are going to try again tomorrow.

SingALong

Post Tue, Apr 03 2012, 2:22 am
Can you ask your neighbors to ask their cleaning ladies if they have any friends available? That's how I found someone once. Another one my neighbor asked some one walking on the street if she wants a job and she came. I thought the muster zone was only for men?

sky

Post Tue, Apr 03 2012, 9:12 am
Pesach no one has extra time. I tried that.
Yeah, but guys in the muster zone know women who may be looking for work.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics