Home

Chicken soup freeze

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Tiale

Post Posted: Mon, Apr 02 2012, 2:23 pm       Post subject: chicken soup freeze
Which veg in chicken soup freeze well?

boysrus

Post Posted: Mon, Apr 02 2012, 2:56 pm       Post subject: re: chicken soup freeze
celery, onions, carrots
zuchini falls apart

Mrs Bissli

Post Posted: Mon, Apr 02 2012, 3:04 pm       Post subject: re: chicken soup freeze
parsnips, turnips can freeze as well.

Though to be honest, once frozen and reheated, I find veggies lose their original texture and get soggy/mushy.

SS6099

Post Posted: Mon, Apr 02 2012, 3:07 pm       Post subject: re: chicken soup freeze
How about freeze the vegetables with the soup and blend it, either before freezing or after, to make a vegetable soup? It is YUM.

mominlkwd

Post Posted: Mon, Apr 02 2012, 3:15 pm       Post subject: re: chicken soup freeze
I freeze the soup without veggies and than throw in fresh carrots, celery, maybe squash when I take it out of the freezer and cook it in the soup.

bless

Post Posted: Mon, Apr 02 2012, 10:22 pm       Post subject: re: chicken soup freeze
I do the same like momilyk just remember that before shabbos to make sure the vegetables are completely cooked
View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
Page 1 of 1