Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
This woman is too beautiful. Waaaa!!!!
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

eatingbagels

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 12:01 am
Ok. There is something so disturbing about this, I don't even know what to think.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/fem......html
She wrote this a year and a half ago.

StrawberrySmoothie

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 12:06 am
She's not *that* thin. Wow so weird.

elf123

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 12:07 am
eatingbagels wrote:
Ok. There is something so disturbing about this, I don't even know what to think.

Oooh, he's a smooth-talking, sensitive studmuffin...now I'm REALLY jealous!

celestial

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 12:14 am
This has got to be satire. No other way.

eatingbagels

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 12:29 am
My apologies. This is like an awful mess I can't take my eyes from.
Someone said that she just interprets things as responding to her beauty? Case in point in her response to all this.

sequoia

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 12:34 am
eatingbagels wrote:

"Some might find his behaviour draconian, but would I prefer a husband who lets me gorge on food and gloss over my true weight?"

Lets?

What a very screwed-up relationship.

sequoia

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 12:40 am
eatingbagels wrote:
My apologies. This is like an awful mess I can't take my eyes from.
Someone said that she just interprets things as responding to her beauty? Case in point in her response to all this.

Okay she's gotta be a troll. She cannot be serious.

yummymummy

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 12:41 am
someone needs to get her prescription checked

(and while she's at it, she can have DH's eyes examined as well - that beer belly has the nerve to demand that his wife stay thin !?!)

grace413

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 12:46 am
These articles bring new meaning to the word shallow.

September June

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 12:58 am
Check this one out!

From the article:
Quote:
Needless to say the inevitable, and literal, stand-off occurred when he refused to unlock the car door unless I changed into something he approved of.

Two words: Control freak.

Barbara

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 12:59 am
She's married to the wrong man. She should be married to Right Said Fred.

But in some ways, she does have a point. In school, I had a friend who was seriously gorgeous. She was also seriously smart, funny and kind, just a really, really good person. But while not-so-gorgeous me had no problem getting a date, men were intimidated by her. They all assumed she would shoot them down, so they never even tried. Women, as well, made assumptions about her based on her looks. It was sad.

sequoia

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 1:06 am
September June wrote:
Check this one out!

From the article:
Quote:
Needless to say the inevitable, and literal, stand-off occurred when he refused to unlock the car door unless I changed into something he approved of.

Two words: Control freak.

"Within minutes of waking, I’m expected to be dressed: smart Levis or well-cut trousers, crisp ironed shirt, buffed and shiny heels, even my hair should be glossy and styled, and I, of course, should be fully made-up — all before breakfast."

omg.

Also, why does she keep comparing herself to celebrities?

imamama

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 1:25 am
I think my favorite part of all these articles are the pictures. She has like 6 pictures in each article, with her posing and smiling, with captions like, "Samantha's story was trending all day on Twitter and sparked thousands of comments."

sequoia

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 1:31 am

Her husband is an inconsiderate a-hole.

DrMom

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 1:32 am
celestial wrote:

Maybe it's a persona she uses on for satirical purposes? Like Sacha Baron Cohen's Borat?

celestial

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 1:40 am
DrMom wrote:
celestial wrote:

Maybe it's a persona she uses on for satirical purposes? Like Sacha Baron Cohen's Borat?

Maybe she is satirizing celebrities. She hears of a ridiculous news story that should have people up in arms (like Marc Anthony's controlling behavior) and then spins a story out of a character she invented, eventually bringing in the celebrity when the reader is already aghast in horror.

Although I think if this were true, they may have hired an actor to pose as the husband. He's simply too perfectly grotesque with that mustache and those expressions....

LAmom613

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 2:43 am
Umm... I scrolled up and down thinking "ok but where is the pretty woman?" - I kid you not.

To be perfectly honest, things like that also happen to me from time to time (though maybe not as outlandish and silly as her examples..) Things like guys treating me very nicely (not charging me for something, getting out of a traffic ticket, offering to buy a drink, offering their seat, paying compliments, asking for my number etc) but never ONCE did I think this had to do with me being prettier than anyone else. To be honest, I think this stuff is just a perk of being "the fairer sx"... of being a nominally attractive young woman... (haha hows that for my self-confidence! lol...hey nominally attractive is better than wholly unattractive!) Old fashioned or not... we get this sort of attention from guys. And I think we all do, to some extent, depending on how out there in the world we are to cross paths with other men. I think the problem is that this lady is so self-absorbed that she cant see past her own bubble to imagine that, yes, other women also get attention ... and it has nothing to do with anyone being "the prettiest girl in the room" !!

And most the time, as respectful as the attention may be, its usually unwanted (at least I feel that way).... although getting out of a ticket is an exception LOL .

ora_43

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 3:46 am
I think she's probably a smart woman who's been paid enough to make it worth her while to write this. What does she care if some people call her plain or delusional? She's probably coming away with a lot of money for bringing literally millions of people to the Daily Mail website.

And if people think badly about her now, well, how many will impact her day-to-day life? Her friends would know it's a joke, and most other people wouldn't recognize her in the street.

That's one thought. My second thought was, maybe it's all tied together, her husband treats her like a trophy wife in all the bad ways (controlling and critical when it comes to appearance), so she assumes she must at least be like a trophy wife in the good ways (ie unusually beautiful). And like previous posters said, when you're looking at life with a certain focus, what you see around you tends to reinforce it.

Raisin

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 5:13 am
Dailymail readers don't understand satire. Ora is probably right. Either she is exaggerating things purposely, or she actually beleives the stuff she writes and the DM have seized upon this gem of a writer who doesn't mind writing outlandish and ridiculous statements under her name and photo.

Note that she lives in france so she is probably less well known there.

chocolate chips

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 7:52 am
Am I the only one who besides thinking she is weird with an even stranger husband, she is not even so pretty or skinny?

If I can say so myself I think I am prettier and skinnier than her...and I don't get such gifts?! lol
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics