Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
This woman is too beautiful. Waaaa!!!!
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

HindaRochel

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 8:03 am
chocolate chips wrote:
Am I the only one who besides thinking she is weird with an even stranger husband, she is not even so pretty or skinny?

If I can say so myself I think I am prettier and skinnier than her...and I don't get such gifts?! lol

I think that would be most of us. But I agree with Ora, and others who feel this is satire or some such.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 8:36 am
It's all cultural. Maybe by her she is too beautiful.
Anyway, some women don't feel threatened or even like having pretty friends. Or her friends could be ultra pretty also.
And some plain people have a "sxy" vibe indeed.

Maybe she speaks of when she was younger? and you don't need to be a top model to have pervs, or even normal guys, flirting or whatever, or to have a jealous boss.

I agree with the amother who said "charismatic". And they didn't take her best pics. I think she is quite nice here http://I.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix.....5.jpg

She IS right that some women are considered too pretty and have to plain down in order to be treated normally and not be seen as air heads.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 8:58 am
Though this is very extreme, I prefer hearing this than hearing low self esteem.

Now, seeing her other articles, well it seems she is still sad about her childhood weight and her husband is very controlling and superficial. Maybe this is a way to protect her self esteem. I can't believe she puts up with him, he seems very uneducated and just plain trashy (omg he smokes GITANES!!!!). It seems he chalks it up on "being French" and she believes him? Sad

I'm not sure where she lives. 4 children for a random French woman is huge, and I wouldn't say that in the new generation "most" smoke while pregnant and find it normal, nor is it normal to go after a married man, nor is it rare to stay in pjs (my BFF used to go pick up the kids in her nightgown with a coat on it and a sheitel thrown on head - until one day the rebbetzin called her out of the car LOL).

Many men now like or even want a working wife, and no, family gatherings are not gender separated.
I can't believe she calls our hospital system efficient. Or is it even worse in America? Sad

I nearly fainted when she discussed people dropping in without notice and her needing to entertain their kids. This is absolutely rude and I am thinking they are all taking advantage of the fact she doesn't know what is acceptable.

And she contradicts all this there: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/fem......html

It seems to me she married the ultimate French "red neck hillbilly" and she was seduced because he speaks French and is manly. I'm seriously sad for her now.

MamaBear

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 9:35 am
I think when the lighting is right in these pictures you can see that she once was quite pretty. She's older now and due to the lighting some of the photos are not flattering at all. But all of your negativity is kind of catty. Her attitude is all wrong but she's not some ugly troll.

Raisin

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 9:45 am
MamaBear wrote:
I think when the lighting is right in these pictures you can see that she once was quite pretty. She's older now and due to the lighting some of the photos are not flattering at all. But all of your negativity is kind of catty. Her attitude is all wrong but she's not some ugly troll.

shes not ugly, shes just very average. In some of the pictures she looks good, where she has spent a lot of time on hair and make up. in others she looks awful.

the only feature that might make men come up to her is her blond hair. Maybe men perceive women with blond hair a different way?

But honestly, I don't think she is better looking then most other women I know.

French men are certainly more open in their comments to women, that is true.

celestial

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 10:16 am
I don't think she's ugly at all, she has a quite pleasant look to her. But she isn't head-turningly gorgeous, so it makes you wonder if she is delusional, narcissistic, or a satirist.

ElTam

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 10:27 am
Interesting that her "you must be thin or I will divorce you!" husband has a gut hanging over his belt. She obviously doesn't think very well of herself and what she has to offer the world if she puts up with the treatment she describes.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 10:36 am
After reading well her writings, it sounds to me he is the abusive type (not nec. physical) and him and his friends use her as a gullible "foreigner" possibly with money and possibly as a social revenge on someone who came from a higher milieu. It isn't unheard of, but harder to do with a woman who knows what is "French" and what is "abuse".

glamourmom

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 10:48 am
im curious: does being blond make one beautiful? I know some pple think that just the fact that someone is blond makes them "hot and gorgeous". is that true?

HindaRochel

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 10:52 am
Raisin wrote:
MamaBear wrote:

shes not ugly, shes just very average. In some of the pictures she looks good, where she has spent a lot of time on hair and make up. in others she looks awful.

the only feature that might make men come up to her is her blond hair. Maybe men perceive women with blond hair a different way?

But honestly, I don't think she is better looking then most other women I know.

French men are certainly more open in their comments to women, that is true.

I agree with Raisin. But that is immaterial. The responses she is getting has nothing to do with her looks and everything to do with her manner.

eatingbagels

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 10:53 am
It's hard to believe it's not satire but if you read her other writings, she doesn't sound like she's being ironic- just emotionally abused.
Also, while I agree that pretty women are often judged, friendly pretty women tend to have a wealth of friends. I know many. Though I do concede that people probably judge a shy pretty woman as a snob. She doesn't appear to be shy, though.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 11:52 am
this French tv show features "cases" like that: http://www.facebook.com/confessions.intimes
if you like the previews you can download the full shows on google

ElTam

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 11:58 am
Read a few of the other articles. This woman is an emotional train wreck. There's no other response to her than pity.

ewa-jo

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 12:38 pm
She seems to reeeealy want attention.

I thought she was older than 41. That's only 6 years older than me... yikes! Well, my DH is a nice guy and he lets me pick out my own clothes.

Apparent;y, she was just interviewed on a tv show and defended herself..ok,whatever.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/fem......html

shlomitsmum

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 12:52 pm
LAmom613 wrote:
Umm... I scrolled up and down thinking "ok but where is the pretty woman?" - I kid you not.
To be perfectly honest, things like that also happen to me from time to time (though maybe not as outlandish and silly as her examples..) Things like guys treating me very nicely (not charging me for something, getting out of a traffic ticket, offering to buy a drink, offering their seat, paying compliments, asking for my number etc) but never ONCE did I think this had to do with me being prettier than anyone else. To be honest, I think this stuff is just a perk of being "the fairer sx"... of being a nominally attractive young woman... (haha hows that for my self-confidence! lol...hey nominally attractive is better than wholly unattractive!) Old fashioned or not... we get this sort of attention from guys. And I think we all do, to some extent, depending on how out there in the world we are to cross paths with other men. I think the problem is that this lady is so self-absorbed that she cant see past her own bubble to imagine that, yes, other women also get attention ... and it has nothing to do with anyone being "the prettiest girl in the room" !!

And most the time, as respectful as the attention may be, its usually unwanted (at least I feel that way).... although getting out of a ticket is an exception LOL .

Me too!!!!
I think the lady is not playing with a full deck LOL
she kinda reminds me of a OLDER version of Baby spice Rolling Eyes
April fools? Wink

devo1982

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 1:24 pm
I hadn't realized she was the same woman who'd written that charming article about her husband telling her she had to stay slim at all times. Honestly, I just feel bad for her. She's a nice enough looking woman, nothing extraordinary, but she seems to have decided that putting up with her husband's awful behaviors and comments are worth whatever she's getting in the bargain. I think she needs to work on control issues in her marriage first, before worrying that we all hate her for being a beautiful woman. I pity her.

ElTam

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 1:36 pm
She also wrote about spending close to $40,000 (almost 149,000 NIS) on psychics and how she lost her home as a result. Issues. Capital I. Issues.

yummymummy

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 1:44 pm
'Women do not like attractive women. I suggested the article after waving at one of my neighbours in France, someone whose boys play at my house, and she totally ignored me. It got me thinking about how the Sisterhood attack beautiful women,' Samantha added.

yes, "she hates me because I'm beautiful" is the obvious conclusion to jump to if ignored by a neighbor....

Raisin

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 1:50 pm
and, she's not having any kids because she is scared to gain weight.

ewa-jo

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 1:58 pm
Raisin wrote:
and, she's not having any kids because she is scared to gain weight.

That's just silly! Models and actresses have kids all the time... then they work out like crazy or live on celery sticks and they get their figure back.

Look, Victoria Beckham has given birth to four children.. and look how slim and fabulous she looks now.
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics