Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Freeda discontinued wigs

jelly belly

Post Thu, Dec 01 2011, 3:48 pm
Does anyone have any experience with Freeda's line of discontinued wigs? They are sold on the Freeda website. I'm wondering if there are any quality wigs or they are all being sold for such a reduced rate because they really are inferior for whatever reason. Thanks!

coffee lover

Post Sun, Dec 04 2011, 7:59 pm
Hi Jelly Belly...I was hoping someone might have responded to your post bec. I was curious about the same thing, but I decided to go for it and just order one from them. javascript:emoticon('Very Happy')They do have a return policy (albeit short) just in case...

coffee lover

Post Sun, Dec 04 2011, 8:00 pm
Hi Jelly Belly...I was hoping someone might have responded to your post bec. I was curious about the same thing, but I decided to go for it and just order one from them. They do have a return policy (albeit short) just in case...

jelly belly

Post Sun, Dec 04 2011, 8:01 pm
Please let me know what your experience is! Thanks.

imamiri

Post Sun, Dec 04 2011, 9:08 pm
I was looking at those too! I wear tichels but figured I should eventually get a sheitel just in case I go somewhere that I want to wear one. And those Freeda discontinued wigs are such a good deal.

I hope someone chimes in soon who knows of their quality!

wtvr

Post Mon, Dec 05 2011, 9:04 pm
I think I have one of these. Didn't buy it online, but at a sale. I think I have it 2 1/2 years, wearing it every day. It's a discontinued style, Wefted cap, no skin top. but there hair quality is good. (I think on the website it specifies what style, and specs each wig has).

natalia

Post Mon, Dec 05 2011, 9:27 pm
http://www.freeda.com/index.ph......html

what do you think about this?

MamaBear

Post Mon, Dec 05 2011, 10:18 pm
My opinion, as someone who owns multiple Freedas, is that the hair quality will be amazing, especially for the price, and the cap quite comfortable. But any of the "warm" shades have red undertones that will oxidize very quickly. You will likely need to redye it in a yr or two.

grin

Post Tue, Dec 06 2011, 1:31 am
Alef Bais reports here: http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....ight= that she did and is very pleased.

coffee lover

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 1:18 pm
Good news to report...my Freeda discounted sheitl arrived today- only took 4 days and I paid the cheapest amt for shipping, willing to wait 12 days, so surprise. Very happy with it. Looks great. Looks EXACTLY like the one in the photo I selected. Looks like all I have to do is get the bangs/front cut and I'm good to go....hope this helps Jelly Belly!

jelly belly

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 7:25 pm
Thanks for the feedback, everyone! Now, off to raise the funds...

SV

Post Mon, Apr 16 2012, 10:00 am
Anyone else have any experience with these sheitels? Why are they discountinued/discounted? Is there a catch (I.e. quality issues)?

MamaBear

Post Mon, Apr 16 2012, 10:13 am
I ordered a couple...one was nice just too short. Everything seemed normal about it. But one, the Gila style, was very oxidized (didn't even look like the color in the pic) and the cap (which was very outdated on the gila style) didn't lay right at all plus it was very very thin...to the point where I didn't think it could lose any hair on top or it would look bald. They both went back.

However, the hair quality on both of them was absolutely amazing so if the length and color would have been ok then I would have kept one. But I don't believe in getting the wrong color sheitel b/c once you have to color it, it becomes a frequent chore and never looks quite right for long.

SV

Post Mon, Apr 16 2012, 10:22 am
Thanks MB. Which specific wigs did you order, if you don't mind me asking? ALso, how much is shipping and what's their return policy?

MamaBear

Post Mon, Apr 16 2012, 10:32 am
When I ordered it was at the very beg. of when they started the whole disc. sheitel sale and it was free shipping and free returns. The short one was the Dorothy. The longer one was the Gila. Now shipping is $17 or so but I guess it depends on where you live. Plus you have to pay return shipping and I would put some sort of tracking and insurance on it due to the cost of the goods. You have 3 days to send the sheitels back so you have to make up your mind asap which is not always so simple.

The Gila seemed like very old inventory but the Dorothy not as much. Again, the hair quality was great with both.

SV

Post Mon, Apr 16 2012, 10:34 am
Thanks so much for responding! One more question - how do I know if it has the white part or not? Many of them say "mono cap" does that mean white part?

MamaBear

Post Mon, Apr 16 2012, 10:36 am
That means it's not multidirectional...at least I think. So it can only move a couple of inches or so but you can't completely change it around like to a deep side part. Both of mine had a skin part but the Gila's part was bad...very thin and wide at one point. The whole top of that one was very thin.

Rikola

Post Mon, Apr 16 2012, 7:52 pm
Thanks for posting this website. Is it too good to be true? I just spent way too much time looking at sheitels and adding them to my wishlist. Now to decide and give them a try!

shoshana11

Post Mon, Apr 16 2012, 10:00 pm
I also ordered Gila after I read all the great reviews on Freeda in general. Gila was very thin and the hair was falling out w brushing, so I sent back. As long as you send it back within 3 days you are fine. The hair was soft and silky but too thin, and the skin part was a bit dark (and that's on an ash blonde one). So just wasted $32 for shipping back and forth. I guess it depends which style you buy.. Confused
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels