Home

Ice cream for ice cream maker

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Report offensive ad

Liba

Post Posted: Sun, Apr 08 2012, 7:28 am       Post subject: Ice cream for ice cream maker
This years "recipe" worked out well B"H.

I made two versions, one was "plain ice cream"

Custard Ice Cream

in large pot combine
5 whole eggs
2 cups of sugar

mix well

add

2 liters (1/2 gallon) of milk

cook on medium flame, stirring the whole time, until steaming and slightly thickened. It should leave a film on the back of spoon.

cool a bit (about half an hour) and then add 500ml (2 cups) of heavy cream

cool well (preferably overnight in the fridge), and then put in ice cream maker (follow your ice cream maker's instructions).

Chocolate Ice Cream

combine 2 1/2 cups sugar, 3/4 cups cocoa and 5 eggs in large pot, mix well

add 2 liters (1/2 gallon) milk

stirring constantly cook on medium flame until steaming and slightly thickened. It should leave a film on the back of the spoon.

Turn off flame, let cool for about half an hour, add 500ml (2 cups) heavy cream. Put in fridge to cool completely (several hours or overnight) and then put in ice cream maker as per your ice cream makers instructions.

YESHASettler

Post Posted: Sun, Apr 08 2012, 8:55 am       Post subject: re: Ice cream for ice cream maker
That sounds soooooooooooooooooooooooo yummy... I'll take a gallon of each. Can I send you a vanilla pod to add to the vanilla first though? LOL

But that reminds me - I need to make chocolate syrup.

Liba

Post Posted: Thu, Apr 12 2012, 5:42 am       Post subject: re: Ice cream for ice cream maker
Very Happy I missed your reply until now. I would happily feed you ice cream now and take the vanilla after chag. Very Happy
Visit poster's website

mandksima

Post Posted: Sun, Apr 15 2012, 5:59 am       Post subject: re: Ice cream for ice cream maker
Ah, I was just thinking that I should put the ice cream maker inner part into the freezer soon so it will be frozen when I am in the mood to make some! Mine is smaller though, I usually make 1/2 of that recipe. I am in the mood for some mint choc chip!

Liba

Post Posted: Sun, Apr 15 2012, 6:04 am       Post subject: re: Ice cream for ice cream maker
Very Happy My chometz machine is smaller. I better empty my pesach ice cube trays into bags before I forget them in the freezer!
Visit poster's website

ray family

Post Posted: Tue, Apr 17 2012, 7:25 am       Post subject: re: Ice cream for ice cream maker
can I ask where you bought an ice cream maker here?
I've been looking all over and can't find one in a store ( though I did just see on zap for over 300 nis)
did you buy yours here or in the states and use w/ a converter?

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Posted: Tue, Apr 17 2012, 7:31 am       Post subject: Re: re: Ice cream for ice cream maker
ray family wrote:
I've been looking all over and can't find one in a store ( though I did just see on zap for over 300 nis)

Are you in the US?

Here's my self-promoting answer: Amazon! I have a site that I started about ice cream makers, which is still obviously a work in progress - I should focus on it now that summer is approaching: http://ice-cream-maker-reviews.net/ (I really like that Moo mascot I ordered; isn't he cute?)

~complimentary ad for being a mod:)

Liba

Post Posted: Tue, Apr 17 2012, 7:34 am       Post subject: Re: re: Ice cream for ice cream maker
ray family wrote:

I got mine cheap (less than $20) years ago in the US at the end of the summer. They need ice and salt though, they aren't the fancy ones with the insert that goes in the freezer. They hold more and you can make multiple batches in one day, so they work better for our purposes.

I use the ice cream maker and my pesach kitchenaid on a transformer B"H with no problems.
Visit poster's website

ray family

Post Posted: Tue, Apr 17 2012, 8:42 am       Post subject: Re: re: Ice cream for ice cream maker
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:
ray family wrote:

Are you in the US?

Here's my self-promoting answer: Amazon! I have a site that I started about ice cream makers, which is still obviously a work in progress - I should focus on it now that summer is approaching: http://ice-cream-maker-reviews.net/ (I really like that Moo mascot I ordered; isn't he cute?)

no, I live in Israel.
if I was in the states finding one wouldn't be so difficult

RachelEve14

Post Posted: Tue, Apr 17 2012, 8:57 am       Post subject: Re: re: Ice cream for ice cream maker
ray family wrote:
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:
ray family wrote:

Are you in the US?

no, I live in Israel.
if I was in the states finding one wouldn't be so difficult

There was one on the group deal today (I got it through Anglo Deals, not sure which specific deal it was). I am tempted, I have been wanting one for a while.

Liba

Post Posted: Tue, Apr 17 2012, 8:58 am       Post subject: re: Ice cream for ice cream maker
Visit poster's website

sandwich

Post Posted: Tue, Apr 17 2012, 10:46 am       Post subject: re: Ice cream for ice cream maker
do you have any pareve recipes?

ray family

Post Posted: Tue, Apr 17 2012, 1:04 pm       Post subject: re: Ice cream for ice cream maker
thanks!
looks tempting!
only a few hrs to decide...

mandksima

Post Posted: Tue, Apr 17 2012, 2:25 pm       Post subject: Re: re: Ice cream for ice cream maker
sandwich wrote:
do you have any pareve recipes?
I have posted a great pareve recipe for chocolate ice cream using coconut milk and cream. It has no rich's whip or raw eggs and tastes really rich. I'll try to find it and post again.

mandksima

Post Posted: Tue, Apr 17 2012, 2:42 pm       Post subject: Re: re: Ice cream for ice cream maker
I posted this before. The last time I did use coconut cream and a mixture of soymilk and it came out really good.

pareve ice cream maker recipe
View previous topic :: View next topic

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Page 1 of 1