Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
I'm a great mommy cuz...
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Fri, Feb 10 2012, 11:48 am
I'm not such a good mommy right now, but I'm better than I was a few months ago.

I'm finally learning how to be a better mommy to my "different" child.

MMCH

Post Fri, Feb 10 2012, 12:13 pm
im a good mommy bc....
I laugh at everything my dd does, even thgh she does it every 5 seconds..
I stoppped saying 'no' alll the time! working on that thgh..
when shes into everything, destroying my cabinets, the fridge, stealing cookies, I wait and watch her bc shes hilarious, instead of swooping in and taking her away

ii try reaally hard to patient, creative, and thoughtfullll!!

21young

Post Fri, Feb 10 2012, 12:17 pm
Thank you for this thread!
I try to set aside an hour a day exclusively with my baby, where I close the door to his room and just play with him, not taking phone calls etc.

suzyq

Post Fri, Feb 10 2012, 12:19 pm
Even when my baby wakes up several times a night, I still tell him how much I love him in the morning. And I mean it.

torquoise

Post Fri, Feb 10 2012, 12:35 pm
I'm a great mommy because I try to arrange things so I don't have to say "No" all the time (ie. babyproofing the house, not using computer, phone, camera in front of dd cuz I know she'll want them and break them)

and cuz every morning when 2 yr old comes to wake me up and pull off my blankets, she gets a kiss and smile and hello from me, even though that's the last thing I want to do at the moment (I'm not a morning person)

shlomitsmum

Post Fri, Feb 10 2012, 4:20 pm
I try to put myself in my kids shoes and see their perspective. (its hard work at times)
I apologize when wrong.
Pick my battles.
give unconditional love and support but also discipline and structure .

Ruchel

Post Sat, Feb 11 2012, 6:08 pm
I'm a great mommy cuz...

I don't try to be perfect nor do I expect perfection from my kids
I'm very involved in their chinuch and teach according to the child's rhythm not the school cursus
I teach limits, respect and that mom is a "person" too Wink and it works bh
I'm home for them
I spoil, but not too much so the kid stays "likable" LOL
I davened to have them since I'm a kid myself
I offer an example of a stable loving couple and hopefully they will model the couple as first priority at home and have great SB iyh
I teach the difference between a friend and a parent (though dd says I'm her friend lol)
I encourage a child to do what he can do himself without help
I saved stuff from my childhood for my kids and keep all their stuff so they can give it to theirs! iyh

Ditto shlomitsmum!

yo'ma

Post Sat, Feb 11 2012, 6:52 pm
I'm a great mother because I teach them independence. I let them fend for themselves Smile .

sunny90

Post Sun, Feb 12 2012, 3:46 am
I'm a great mommy because...
--I want them to spend time with their grandparents from chu"l and so we went to my IL's Israeli apt for Shabbos even though I know it's always chaotic for some reason and my baby finds it difficult to sleep there
--When my baby stayed up ALL FRIDAY NIGHT (yup, he never actually went to sleep. And this is a baby who at 5 mo is pretty good at falling asleep by himself at bedtime and sometimes even maybe sleeping through from 11 to 6!) I still cuddled and kissed him in the morning (after I handed him to my husband--who managed to sleep through all the screaming--for a few minutes so I could calm down)
--I try to come up with creative ideas and games for my DS to play
--I hate mess but I still bake with my 2 yo DS sometimes because he enjoys it so much! (although I do try to contain the mess as much as possible)
--I really try to see things from my toddler's POV (who wants to go to gan when there are toys to be played with at home? who WOULDN'T rather have a muffin than cereal for breakfast?) even when I have to say no to him. Although my DH thinks that I take it a little too much to heart.
--Even though children are messy, and annoying sometimes, and exhaust me, and don't necessarily make for the smoothest, easiest life--I still want more because I feel that that is how I will be fulfilling my potential, and the moments of nachas make up for all the craziness!
--I try to tell myself that I'm a great mommy. Even though a lot of the time I feel like I'm doing a terrible job. Because I guess if my kids are happy most of the time, and they're healthy, well fed, and generally clean, I mustn't be doing such a bad job after all!

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Feb 15 2012, 7:42 pm
im a great mommy for the simple reason that I love my kids more than anything in the world and would do anything for them

amother

Post Thu, Feb 23 2012, 2:09 pm
I'm letting my daughter host a sleepover even though its the last thing I need

Frenchfry

Post Tue, Apr 24 2012, 9:11 am
I need a boost, so I'm bringing back this thread.

I'm a great Mommy cuz when DD got in trouble in school yesterday, I gave her sympathy for her hard day, before we discussed what happened

chocolate chips

Post Tue, Apr 24 2012, 9:21 am
Im a great mum because even though I am making ds cry himself to sleep at night, in the morning he gets big kisses and I get out of bed to give him breakfast (although I wish I could stay in!)

brazilianmommy

Post Tue, Apr 24 2012, 9:44 am
im a great mommy because even when my DS wakes my up at 4am I hug and kiss him and let him snuggle with me till he falls asleep.

tweek

Post Tue, Apr 24 2012, 10:12 am
Even though ds is mad at me for a consenquence he received, I am not giving in because I know he needs to learn this lesson. Every bone in my body wants to give in, but I know I shouldn't and I am reminding him that I love him throughout this whole ordeal.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics