Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Boston -cost of living? jobs? any info

amother

Post Tue, Apr 24 2012, 8:14 am
We need to move within the next few months and don't want to move out of the tristate area in case we choose to move back to new york.
what is the price of living? renting?
and whats the job market like there?
DH would LOVE to work in kiruv but I think at this point a job is a job and we would need something decent.
Any info about the area would be appreciated.
We are BT to Chabad.

amother

Post Tue, Apr 24 2012, 8:35 am
There are many areas of boston- I think brighton and brookline are the main areas the frum community lives in. I dont know much about cost of living/renting etc, as I lived there as a child, with not a clue about these things at that age, but from what I vaguely know, id imagine it to be not too bad if you are coming from ny. compared to other out of town places, im sure it's more expensive.
I have fond memories of boston as a wonderful place- friendly, pretty and residential, yet close enough to big city for city-lovers. there are many parts to the greater boston area as well, such as newton, sharon, and the like, which could give you more options, though they're a bit out of the main community area.
There are tons of shluchim in and around the boston area, whom it might be helpful for you to contact if you'd want to be involved in their work, or just about integrating into community life.
Good luck!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating