Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
How much you pay for cleaning lady?
Previous  1  2  3

MimiMommy

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 10:09 am
I'm in Brooklyn and got my cleaning lady from an agency. $10 hour up to 5 hours; more than 5 it's $9 hour, plus $5 for transportation.

boysrus

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 10:23 am
I got lucky with my new cleaning lady, she charges 10 dllars an hour, my prevous one was $12/hr. I am oot in the usa btw
when I used to live in the Uk several years ago, it was 4.50 pounds sterling/hr

bravo

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 10:28 am
tzutzie count ur blessings, ur lucky!!!!
the going rate is $10 in brooklyn, but I've heard plenty paying $12 an hour already!
its ridiculous....
bh I have my cleaning lady also every friday for 2 hrs, shes not that thorough but perfectly fine for what I need her!!! thank god!!!!

bigprincess

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 10:40 am
$10 hour in canada. Some charge more but the cheaper ones are just as good.

It's interesting how the going rate for cleaning ladies is approximately the same almost everywhere in the world.

sarahd

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 10:55 am
baba wrote:
sarahd wrote:
I was paying almost $19/hr, which was considered very cheap. She just went up to $22, which is the going rate.

Who wants to move here and become a cleaning lady?

Wait, woah, stop, where are you getting yours from? Everyone I askes pays $33

Wow, the most I ever paid was $28 and she was super fast and great, and did more in two hours than everyone else in three, so was worth it. Unfortunately, she went back to Portugal about three months after she started with me.

You can pm me if you really want to know where I got my cleaner from.

happy2Bamommy

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 11:10 am
$12 in Brooklyn for Spanish lady.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 11:13 am
We pay the equivalent of 13 dollars, but it is paid back 2 dollars by the state to avoid illegal work. Parisian suburbs.

eschaya

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 2:50 pm
$10 an hour, OOT. But she works real slow and is not that good. I'd prefer to pay a bit more and get better work... still haven't found the right one yet.

amother

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 3:20 pm
I have the same cleaning lady for years. in the beginning, I got her from an agency, and I don't remember how much they charged, somewhere between 8 or 10 dollars per hour plus transportation (bus fare about $5 round trip for the day).
At some point, she asked for a raise.
Now, once a week she comes for 8 hours and wants $105 for that day,
and another day in the week she comes for 3 hours and wants $40 for that. last week she came half an hour late, so she was only there for 2 1/2 hours, but she still asked for the same $40 for the day.
She also helps a lot with our child. often she is playing with the child, instead of cleaning.
I wouldn't want to start with someone new, so for now, that's what I do.
Do you think she is overcharging me?
she does give my child a bath and takes care of the child sometimes. she's very warm to the child.

octopus

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 3:23 pm
amother wrote:
I have the same cleaning lady for years. in the beginning, I got her from an agency, and I don't remember how much they charged, somewhere between 8 or 10 dollars per hour plus transportation (bus fare about $5 round trip for the day).
At some point, she asked for a raise.
Now, once a week she comes for 8 hours and wants $105 for that day,
and another day in the week she comes for 3 hours and wants $40 for that. last week she came half an hour late, so she was only there for 2 1/2 hours, but she still asked for the same $40 for the day.
She also helps a lot with our child. often she is playing with the child, instead of cleaning.
I wouldn't want to start with someone new, so for now, that's what I do.
Do you think she is overcharging me?
she does give my child a bath and takes care of the child sometimes. she's very warm to the child.

you're paying slightly more than $13 an hour.

turca

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 3:46 pm
$8/ flatbush. She doesnt speak english , she is also from Mexico, she is the wife of the delivery guy from the fruit store. Since I go to this store once a week , one day I was desperate and I ask one of the workers ( spanish is my first language). I think she is very happy, bec she didnt have work before. I had to train her from A to Z, in Mexico, unfortunately, these people are 2nd class citizens they have no access to health care, improper nutrition, a lot of them are illiterate etc

amother

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 5:12 pm
I'm really surprised to hear the price for a cleaning lady is $10/hour.
I pay our cleaning lady in Philly $120 - she's here for about 4.5 hours. That's at least $25/hour!

ILOVELIFE

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 5:46 pm
Nobody in BP has to pay transportation?! I pay $10+ 5 for transportation.

BA

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 6:45 pm
I'm in NY - $10 or 12 an hour
Someone just gave me the idea to hire a college girl and pay slightly less (but u can't give them hard cleaning jobs, just the light stuff)

Justlookup

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 8:23 pm
Maryland, $12/hr. I also thought that was more expensive but apparently for here, it's very good, in other neighborhoods, cleaning women charge at least $15. Also, many ppl use cleaning companies, 2 ppl that come for an hour or two and u pay $80-100...

bobeli

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 9:35 pm
BA wrote:
I'm in NY - $10 or 12 an hour
Someone just gave me the idea to hire a college girl and pay slightly less (but u can't give them hard cleaning jobs, just the light stuff)

How do you get a college girl?
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics