Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Excessive dribbling...

amother

Post Tue, Apr 24 2012, 6:56 am
My 7 months old has been dribbling excessively for the past 4 months (with no teeth in sight Confused ). When I say excessively I mean that it's like dealing with a leaky faucet that has a constant flow rather then the drip drop.

His bib, clothes and vest are perpetually wet and so is his bed-sheet. When he plays on the floor he seems to be swimming in a pool and if I don't keep wiping it I'll have to change him from head to toe. If I'm not quick enough he occasionally puts his head down for a rest and then needs his hair washed. It's maddening!

My main concern now is actually his bed. After a minute in bed his sheet all around his head is WET. I've tried putting a towel under his sheet to absorb the moisture but the sheet still remains wet so the problem has not been solved. Although I've been unhappy to leave him in a constant wet state I've pushed through and it didn't seem to bother him, but now he's caught a cold and I'm concerned about his chest being wet all the time. ANY IDEAS!?

Anon because I've already asked the advice of everyone I know IRL.

BeershevaBubby

Post Tue, Apr 24 2012, 7:03 am
It might be a tongue-tie that hasn't been diagnosed although frankly, I think teething is the likelier suspect. And yes, they can teethe for MONTHS with no teeth in sight.

amother

Post Tue, Apr 24 2012, 7:06 am
YESHASettler wrote:
It might be a tongue-tie that hasn't been diagnosed although frankly, I think teething is the likelier suspect. And yes, they can teethe for MONTHS with no teeth in sight.

Thanks Yesha, I assume tongue tie can be ruled out as he rolls around and sticks out his tongue alot. My other kids were teething endlessly too so that's not new to me but the excessive dribbling IS.

amother

Post Mon, Apr 30 2012, 1:15 pm
OP - Is there really nobody on here with an idea for me?

Mommy3.5

Post Mon, Apr 30 2012, 11:02 pm
It could be a oral motor muscle thing. My son had very low tone in his mouth, and constant drooling was one of the things that helped diagnose it.

BeershevaBubby

Post Tue, May 01 2012, 12:20 am
If you haven't found the answers you're looking for on Dr. Imamother, then maybe it's time to make an appointment with a pediatrician.

amother

Post Tue, May 01 2012, 7:47 am
YESHASettler wrote:
If you haven't found the answers you're looking for on Dr. Imamother, then maybe it's time to make an appointment with a pediatrician.

It's not medical advice I'm looking for, this is definitely not the place for that. Perhaps I didn't make myself clear in my earlier post, I'm not concerned about the dribbling, but it's repercussions, I.e. being wet all the time. So what I'm really asking is for an idea how to keep his bed relatively dry despite the dribbling!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics