Home

Lev Bais Yaakov

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch / Education

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother






Post  Thu, Nov 10 2011, 9:27 pm
can anyone tell me how the english department is at this school? I've been hearing mixed reports, but more on the side that they are not very academic. my dd is k'h very bright and I don't want her to be bored. tia
Back to top

amother






Post  Sat, Nov 12 2011, 8:22 pm
anyone have anything to say?
Back to top

amother






Post  Sun, Nov 13 2011, 8:46 pm
I will say in advance that this information is 2nd hand. The people who I know who have sent there DDs to Lev have been for the most part happy but definitely felt that the english department was lacking. I know of at least 2 top students (one being the valedictorian) who needed tutors when they started high school.
Back to top

amother






Post  Sun, Nov 13 2011, 9:57 pm
amother wrote:
I will say in advance that this information is 2nd hand. The people who I know who have sent there DDs to Lev have been for the most part happy but definitely felt that the english department was lacking. I know of at least 2 top students (one being the valedictorian) who needed tutors when they started high school.


And Ill give you info first hand.


The English department is totally up to par with Masores BY and the like.
They learn like everyone else, and are fully prepared to tackle High School.
As a matter of fact, their HS has extremely high academic standards to continue what the elementary school has already given the girls, and only girls who are strong academic wise are accepted from other schools.
Back to top

amother






Post  Mon, Nov 14 2011, 9:42 pm
thanks for you responses I appreciate it
Back to top

Tzippy323









  


Post  Sun, May 06 2012, 2:47 am
Lev Bais Yaakov is not a very good school. I have tutored several children who are students there and have found that the level of academics is well below what children in comparable yeshivas have learned. In addition, there is a problem with girls who are not very nice to each other and little is done about it. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
Back to top

myfriends715









  


Post  Sun, May 06 2012, 10:12 am
my daughter is just in kindergarten but I looked into it a lot b/c she is ka'h very smart.. First I will say I AM IN LOVE WITH LEV! secondly, their education used to not be so great. however, about 3 years ago they brought in a new principal and starting really buckling down. that said, they believe in peer to peer learning and have different levels of math and reading in each classroom. I have yet to meet someone who sent to Lev and regretted it
Back to top

amother






Post  Mon, Jul 09 2012, 11:48 pm
Just bumping this up! I'd like some recent info on LBY, please.

How is the learning level in both kodesh and English, and what is the parent body like?
Back to top

rb









  


Post  Tue, Jul 10 2012, 1:03 am
Tzippy323 wrote:
Lev Bais Yaakov is not a very good school. I have tutored several children who are students there and have found that the level of academics is well below what children in comparable yeshivas have learned. In addition, there is a problem with girls who are not very nice to each other and little is done about it. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.


Wow, way to go, Motzai Shem Ra on an entire school with your limited knowledge based on the few girls you tutor.
Back to top

mother36









  


Post  Wed, Jun 15 2016, 12:47 am
I personally have witnessed something about this school that disturbs me. As the girls were getting off the bus to go home, one girl tripped and fell to the ground. Not only did anyone not stop to help her but the girls exited the bus like a stampede. They trampled over her and stared at me when I yelled at them to stop and slow down...
Back to top

amother




Goldenrod


Post  Wed, Jun 15 2016, 7:27 am
mother36 wrote:
I personally have witnessed something about this school that disturbs me. As the girls were getting off the bus to go home, one girl tripped and fell to the ground. Not only did anyone not stop to help her but the girls exited the bus like a stampede. They trampled over her and stared at me when I yelled at them to stop and slow down...


Uhh...what on earth does this have to do with the school's educational level...or with the school altogether...the kids weren't even AT school...
Back to top

cnc









  


Post  Wed, Jun 15 2016, 8:08 am
mother36 wrote:
I personally have witnessed something about this school that disturbs me. As the girls were getting off the bus to go home, one girl tripped and fell to the ground. Not only did anyone not stop to help her but the girls exited the bus like a stampede. They trampled over her and stared at me when I yelled at them to stop and slow down...


Gotta love when you bump a thread 4 years later just to spread some lashon hora...
Back to top

mother36









  


Post  Wed, Jun 15 2016, 8:42 am
Not loshan hora. I think it's important for people to be aware that some schools don't stress the importance of middos as being the utmost in priority. Middos is more important than academics or materialism. Without it, there is nothing. It is not just the schools, but it comes from the home as well.
Back to top

aussie2









  


Post  Wed, Jun 15 2016, 8:44 am
I happen to know kids that go there and find that middos is actually stressed a lot and the kids I know have excellent middos..
Please be aware the you can spread loshon hara so quickly through the internet.
Back to top

amother




Wheat


Post  Wed, Jun 15 2016, 8:47 am
mother36 wrote:
Not loshan hora. I think it's important for people to be aware that some schools don't stress the importance of middos as being the utmost in priority. Middos is more important than academics or materialism. Without it, there is nothing. It is not just the schools, but it comes from the home as well.


That is one hundred percent not true. Im a parent in the school. I am disgusted by what you wrote.
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch / Education

Similar Topics Replies Last Post
Mesores bais Yaakov or lev bais Yaakov HS or another?
by amother
29 Mon, Jun 06 2016, 7:16 am View latest post
by cnc
Lev Bais yaakov 7 Wed, Jun 12 2013, 5:36 am View latest post
Lev Bais Yaakov
by amother
1 Tue, Feb 25 2014, 4:00 pm View latest post
Lev Bais Yaakov
by amother
13 Mon, Aug 22 2011, 4:15 pm View latest post
Lev Bais Yaakov
by amother
4 Thu, Sep 11 2014, 4:09 pm View latest post

Jump to:  





Report offensive ad