Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
GPS Recomendation

drez

Post Mon, May 07 2012, 11:02 am
I am looking to buy a GPS can anyone recommend one that they are happy with. I've borrowed some that are really not that great, they take a while to locate you when you turn it on and/or they are a bit slow so I miss the turns... Thanks

SJcookie

Post Mon, May 07 2012, 1:47 pm
Garmin or TomTom

drez

Post Mon, May 07 2012, 1:55 pm
Can you be more specific like a model or which features to look for?

Liba

Post Mon, May 07 2012, 2:01 pm
http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-2.....r=8-1 This is the Garmin I have. I am happy with it. I even bought the Israeli maps. They work pretty well, though the Hebrew pronunciation makes us all giggle.

peppermint

Post Mon, May 07 2012, 2:27 pm
whats your budget?
What features do you want? large screen, lifetime maps, lifetime traffic, reads street names, junction view, tells speed limit...

Garmin is the best. We have 1490LMT

sky

Post Mon, May 07 2012, 3:06 pm
peppermint wrote:
whats your budget?
What features do you want? large screen, lifetime maps, lifetime traffic, reads street names, junction view, tells speed limit...

Garmin is the best. We have 1490LMT

All that plus Canadian maps. (not all include it)

We have 2 Garmins and they are great (but are newer one just dropped and the screen cracked, it may be worth it to buy it with a warranty from a place like Best Buy because the new large screens are more fragile then the older bulky modules)

I tried a Magellen and it had some features I liked, such as information about the next exact and rest stops.
But it was slow and wasn't so reliable so we returned it and got the Garmin which we like so much more.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars