Home

Bathrooming Skills for girls: wiping sitting or standing?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother

Post Posted: Tue, May 08 2012, 10:55 pm       Post subject: Bathrooming Skills for girls: wiping sitting or standing?
dd has been toilet trained for a while and has been standing up to wipe (after urinating). should I be teaching her to wipe while sitting to avoid dripping and wipe better?

bamamama

Post Posted: Wed, May 09 2012, 1:44 am       Post subject: re: Bathrooming Skills for girls: wiping sitting or standing
I have been teaching dd to wipe while sitting. I'm trying to figure out how to teach her to wipe front to back. I pat her dry from behind but I don't think she'll be able to reach that way once she's ready to wipe herself.

chanitroy

Post Posted: Wed, May 09 2012, 9:17 am       Post subject: re: Bathrooming Skills for girls: wiping sitting or standing
my mother taught me to wipe when sitting for dripping, and now I'm thinking she also had in mind that when I get married and am not supposed to look at toilet paper, she wanted it to be one more step easier for me! I should ask her if these were her intentions Very Happy

cm

Post Posted: Wed, May 09 2012, 9:22 am       Post subject: Re: re: Bathrooming Skills for girls: wiping sitting or stan
bamamama wrote:
I have been teaching dd to wipe while sitting. I'm trying to figure out how to teach her to wipe front to back. I pat her dry from behind but I don't think she'll be able to reach that way once she's ready to wipe herself.

Unless her arms are unusually short or her body is an odd shape, she should be able to reach just fine.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Page 1 of 1