Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
Anyone Lactose itolerant?

amother

Post Wed, May 09 2012, 3:22 pm
I have a problem. I'm lactose intolerant and I'm having trouble finding things to eat....I had lactose free pizza twice today and I know it's not healthy or good. Soymilk and lactaid gets me naseous....what do I do??? I don't want to get fat or have a health issue....

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, May 09 2012, 3:27 pm
I'm lactose intolerant during pregnancy. I don't find that it's really a big deal (I just miss my lattes, although soy works ok). What specifically is your question? There are plenty of things to eat that don't contain lactose and are still healthy and not junky Smile For calcium, I tried to eat other good sources, like dark green leafy veggies and fortified OJ. You can also supplement.

amother

Post Wed, May 09 2012, 3:41 pm
I eat mostly fleishig's with lots of salads I usually do chicken breast over ceaser home made, supper is fleishig as well. For breakfast which can sometimes be the hard part I do a challah roll home made with either parev cream cheese or a muffin or a peanut butter sandwich. You can also do fish and salad there are tons of diffirent vegetarian items out there to try that have plenty of vitamins, and protien. I do take lactaid when I'm in the mood for milchig but I try to just keep it either parev or fleishig.

ila

Post Wed, May 09 2012, 3:47 pm
I'm also lactose intolerant... and also get tired of the same... can understand you... sorry dont have any great solution... behatzlacha

rainbow dash

Post Wed, May 09 2012, 5:25 pm
I take a pill before I eat milk. ts called lactose ok. good luck.

mummiedearest

Post Wed, May 09 2012, 5:28 pm
there are dairy free cheeses:

Asiago cheese
Blue cheese
Brick cheese
Brie cheese
Camembert cheese
Cheddar cheese
Colby cheese
Dry Curd Cottage Cheese (DCCC)
Edam cheese
Gorgonzola cheese
Gouda cheese
Gruyere cheese
Havarti cheese
Limburger cheese
Manchego Cheese
Monterey Jack cheese
Muenster cheese
Parmesan cheese
Port du Salut cheese
Provolone cheese
Romano cheese
Roquefort cheese
Stilton cheese
Swiss cheese

try in little bits to make sure you can handle it. you can also make your own yogurt and ferment for 24 hrs to break down all the lactose. it's fairly easy.

ra_mom

Post Wed, May 09 2012, 6:33 pm
what do you mean by dairy free mummiedearest? all those cheeses you listed are dairy.

mummiedearest

Post Wed, May 09 2012, 8:07 pm
ra_mom wrote:
what do you mean by dairy free mummiedearest? all those cheeses you listed are dairy.

lol! oops, I meant lactose free, not dairy free. embarrassed

ra_mom

Post Wed, May 09 2012, 10:29 pm
mummiedearest wrote:
ra_mom wrote:

lol! oops, I meant lactose free, not dairy free. embarrassed

Thanks for clarifying.

Though people should be aware that some have trouble with dairy that is not lactose related. So if the cheeses don't agree with you, you may be intolerant to dairy in another way.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking