Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Laptop

Ahuva

Post Wed, Nov 08 2006, 8:57 am
I am looking into getting a new laptop. Which company do you reccomend? I currently have a compaq and am not very happy.

amother

Post Wed, Nov 08 2006, 10:04 am
I have a Dell laptop and am ready to throw it into the gutter! I bought it less than a year ago and HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wish I could return it; but they only give a two week free trial. It takes more than two weeks to get acquatined with one's laptop....
Good luck on your search!

Mitzvahmom

Post Wed, Nov 08 2006, 10:06 am
I love my apple....but they took away the dialup access... so if u have dialup u have to purchase this really exspensive modem

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Nov 08 2006, 10:08 am
The lawyer I work with never recommends laptops. There's so little you can do to fix them or upgrade them.

JMto2

Post Wed, Nov 08 2006, 10:09 am
I heard a lot of people are very happy with the dell Laptop I have an HP and I hate it. I also hate a laptop they are hard to work with and all the keyboard is hard to type on.

Ahuva

Post Wed, Nov 08 2006, 10:18 am
amother wrote:
I have a Dell laptop and am ready to throw it into the gutter! I bought it less than a year ago and HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wish I could return it; but they only give a two week free trial. It takes more than two weeks to get acquatined with one's laptop....
Good luck on your search!

what do u hate about it? I got good reveiws on dell.

Smiles

Post Wed, Nov 08 2006, 12:42 pm
I hate my Dell Laptop as well, A couple of weeks after I purchased it I was having problems with the CD drive, Dell sent me a new CD drive, I had to change it myself. Then a half a year later the laptop started shutting down for no reason... I guess mine was a lemon! lol

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Nov 08 2006, 12:48 pm
My husband's office used Dell laptops for about a year, but they were extremely buggy, so they switched to (IIRC) hp.

Dell makes excellent desktops, but their laptops are very buggy. My cousin also had a Dell laptop and had to get the hard drive replaced.

I've had an hp for over a year and it works well.

roza

Post Wed, Nov 08 2006, 1:10 pm
I suggest you to check out cnet reviews:
http://reviews.cnet.com/Notebo.....glnav

I have Emachines laptop, very happy with it, the only con is it's heavier then other laptops, but it's very powerful and has all the features I need. I got it on ebay for 600, more then a year ago.

I think it's very much depends on what processor is inside the laptop.

Chani

Post Wed, Nov 08 2006, 6:35 pm
We have a Toshiba Satellite. Big for a laptop, but on the other hand the screen is nice and the keyboard is more comfortable than the HP I have at work. Big problem developed with it right after the warranty expired, however, involving the computer overheating and causing it to shut off automatically (usually right in the middle of something important which we hadn't saved yet!!). We got a cooling pad for it (about $25.00) which helped a lot. I hear that Toshiba has fixed the problem with the newer Satellites, but I don't know personally if that is true.

chedva

Post Wed, Nov 08 2006, 8:10 pm
I love my Dell Inspiron 600m. Got it over 2 years ago and it is still great!

amother

Post Wed, Nov 08 2006, 8:34 pm
I'm also looking for a new laptop, and everyone is recommending that I get a Mac-- IBook... Did you know that Macs cannot get viruses?!?! My Dell has served me well for 3 years (though it's been repaired several times and is very slow)-- and I think it's full of viruses!!

Nomad

Post Wed, Nov 08 2006, 9:17 pm
my friend has a dell thats less than a year old which just dropped dead on her...but thats just hers, I cant vouch in general

Macs are resistant to viruses - but if you use microsoft office prgrams a lot (word, excel...) the mac versions of them are slightly different and annoying for some...

a pc with good antivirus and antispyware software should be fine...

PinkandYellow

Post Wed, Nov 08 2006, 9:29 pm
I heard that ibm notebook is very resistant to physically breaking. like if you take your laptop from room to room and drop it accidentally, it would still be ok.

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Thu, Nov 09 2006, 7:58 am
I have the dell inspiron 5150, it's good in general but I did have a lot of problems with it. mine is three years old.

BTW you can set up your own laptop if you call dell or HP.

I connected a reg. keyboard (well I use a wireless) to my laptop so its easier to type.. but actually on my laptop the keys werent so bad, I never made mistakes, the only thing I hate about it is that it only has numbers on top and for some reason I never know which finger goes on which letter so I like the number pad on the side..

Tovah

Post Thu, Nov 09 2006, 8:14 am
my mother and my husband both have toshiba's and they love it. I like it so much I don't use the reg comp.

Ahuva

Post Thu, Nov 09 2006, 9:42 am
Tovah wrote:
my mother and my husband both have toshiba's and they love it. I like it so much I don't use the reg comp.

What model do you have. How long have you had it? any problems.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics