Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Pediatric obgyn nyc??!!
Previous  1  2

chocolate moose

Post Wed, May 09 2012, 9:51 pm
I'm sorry - I was told by more than one dr that he or she would not see dd since she wAS under 18. maybe it's a nyc thing.

mha3484

Post Wed, May 09 2012, 11:10 pm
CM that might just be the practice's own policy. Not everyone wants to see teens.

turca

Post Wed, May 09 2012, 11:12 pm
Make sure she is not using dirty hands to touch over there and she is wiping herself the right way when she uses the bathroom. Id also recommended washing the area after using the bathroom ( at least when she is home). I had the same problem with my 5 yo when she was 3,took sonogram bloods etc and nothing came out. The extra care was what really helped.

amother

Post Thu, May 10 2012, 4:51 am
It could really be reflux - I had it as a kid and my mother said I described it as 'it burns when I go to the bathroom'. They took me to a urologist - Dr. Glassberg, who is still practicing, and is not the top urologist at Columbia Presb. He has an office in Boro Park, I think, and he's definitely pediatric. Why don't you try him?

amother

Post Thu, May 10 2012, 6:50 am
chocolate moose wrote:
I'm sorry - I was told by more than one dr that he or she would not see dd since she wAS under 18. maybe it's a nyc thing.

Its not a NYC thing.

DD was seen by gyn at 13 in Brooklyn.

Its not illegal.
Since when is it illegal to give a minor medical care when she needs it? shock

amother

Post Thu, May 10 2012, 7:01 am
op here, amother about dr. glassberg was that a typo is he not the best dr? or did you mean he is now the best dr?

amother

Post Thu, May 10 2012, 7:06 am
yeah, I meant a w, to a t. He is now the top urologist... (he's the head of the department)

neverbored

Post Thu, May 10 2012, 8:47 am
amother wrote:
chocolate moose wrote:

Its not a NYC thing.

DD was seen by gyn at 13 in Brooklyn.

Its not illegal.
Since when is it illegal to give a minor medical care when she needs it? shock

I really dont think its illegal. As far as I know, my ob/gyn advertises that they see patients 9-99.

amother

Post Thu, May 10 2012, 8:52 am
Dr Glassberg was always considered a top urologist, but he treats patients like guinea pigs, using them for his scientific experiments and to publish more books. He is an uncaring selfish person, and thinks he knows it all, but he is lacking in lots of things. Mainly he is missing the heart of a doctor, and true faith in the One Above.

amother

Post Thu, May 10 2012, 12:09 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
An ob/gyn won't see a girl under 18. It's the law.

Where have u seen this?

amother

Post Wed, May 16 2012, 11:29 am
Call A TIME, they should be able to refer you to someone competent. 718-686-8912 They referred me to a great pediatric endocrinologist for my kid...
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics