Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Maybe wrong forum but dd (3) will only sleep in my bed

amother

Post Thu, May 17 2012, 8:09 am
Going on about a whole month now that my daughter who is 3 and my oldest will not sleep in her room in her bed. She either starts the night off in my bed or she comes in when I am still downstairs and falls asleep without my even being there.
I have asked her to sleep in her room and she says she wont unless the room is pink. She has a lavendar room with matching bedding and its beautiful. My other daughter who is just 14 months is in an aqua room that has pink bedding so I tried to see if that would make her happy and my husband had to break apart the crib and move it and it took a LONG time and my 3 yr old still wouldnt stay in that bed (though we did it because she told us she would!!!) so 2 nights later we moved the baby back and now we are back to sqaure 1 and I really want dd to stay in her room I dont mind sometimes to cuddle with her and have her sleep with me I kiss her and snuggle but it shouldnt be every night I dont think its healthy for either one of us....and my dh....
what should I do?

de_goldy

Post Thu, May 17 2012, 8:30 am
Maybe try putting her and the 14 month old in the same room. Could be she just doesn't like to sleep alone. Most kids would rather sleep with a sibling than alone.

amother

Post Thu, May 17 2012, 8:35 am
Thanks...
The thing is she stays up later than the 14 month old does, and the 14 month old would wake up when I bring her in to go to sleep. She is a light sleeper.
And she (14 month old) doesnt sleep the night yet - but my 3 yr old sleeps through her crying when she wakes up because shes in my room with the monitor and doesnt usually wake up. So its more that the 14 month old would be disturbed by the 3 year old.

Culturedpearls

Post Thu, May 17 2012, 8:36 am
My "baby" who's 3 is also in my bed! She falls asleep in it & then carry to her room. She usually comes back around 4am & climbs in without me even noticing.
I never let my oldest 4 kids do that, after that I eased up. They all stopped on their own & I missed them.
It's my fault but I enjoy it (we have 2 double beds) she enjoys being with me so who cares?

lech lecha08

Post Fri, May 18 2012, 9:16 am
We've been dealing with this with our almost 4 year old. She falls asleep in her bed but at some point during the night shows up in my bed, often without me waking up.
What's worked for us is a treat in the morning every time she stays in her bed the whole night. For awhile it was getting to wear a ring that I bought at the dollar store and she's moved on to wanting 2 or 3 chocolate chips
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics