Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Giant Zebra Fudge Cookies (Crinkle Cookies) from Ra_mom
1  2  Next

sleepwalking

Post Wed, May 16 2012, 6:17 am
Just wanted to say I mixed it by hand and it come out DELICIOUS!! Never saw such an easy recipe!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!

Giant Zebra Fudge Cookies (Crinkle Cookies)

1/2 cup oil
2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
1 cup cocoa
4 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons baking powder
confectioner's (powdered) sugar

Line 2 large cookie sheets or jelly-roll pans with parchment paper.
Mix oil, sugar, flour, cocoa, eggs, vanilla and baking powder, until a soft dough forms. Roll dough into 18 balls slightly larger than golf balls.

Fill a small bowl with powdered sugar and stir with a fork to break up any clumps. Place balls, one at a time, in bowl of powdered sugar and toss to coat heavily and completely. Transfer to prepared pans. Leave room between dough balls, as the cookies spread during baking.

Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven 18 minutes. If you like, you can make smaller cookies; form walnut-sized balls and bake 12 minutes. Cool completely.

ra_mom

Post Wed, May 16 2012, 9:45 am
They are yum!
From the Kosher by Design short on time cookbook.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, May 16 2012, 10:01 am
Yup! I make them a lot, but ever since I made them for someone she started making them...so if we go to the same simcha, I have to come up with another idea Wink

LisaS

Post Thu, May 17 2012, 1:19 am
Thanks so much for posting this. I made these cookies early this am for a simcha I am going to tonight. I can't taste them as I have gestational diabetes but the kids said they are good. Where would I be without imamother?

BusySavta

Post Thu, May 17 2012, 1:39 am
Thanks for posting!
I will make them tonight for Shabbat...Love that I can make 18 cookies out of this batter. Definitely a time saver Cool

LisaS

Post Thu, May 17 2012, 5:03 am
I made 40 cookies out of the batter and they were plenty big as is.

baba

Post Fri, May 18 2012, 11:29 am
I just made these.
They were great to make with the kids. Very easy batter to shape and of course they also got to roll them in the sugar.

I made 60 cookies (walnut size balls)

crl

Post Fri, May 18 2012, 12:05 pm
Does the dough have to be refrigerated or it can be made and then straight to the oven? I tried the Betty Crocker version of these last week, and didn't have time to let it harden enough before shabbos.

ra_mom

Post Fri, May 18 2012, 4:11 pm
batter does not have to be refrigerated.

abmom

Post Fri, May 18 2012, 4:14 pm
I just took this out of the oven. It smells delicious! I mixed mixed it in a plastic bag so I don't have any bowls to wash now. I got 48 cookies and 12 minutes in the oven was perfect!
Thanks for posting!

shirtsandskirts

Post Sun, Oct 07 2012, 4:55 pm
I know this is old, but I just made these now and they are awesome.

Just curious about rolling it in the sugar- I had a lot of difficulty doing it both in a bowl and in a bag because it kept getting sticky and when I would roll it the sugar comes off. What's the most efficient way to do it?

Happy 2B

Post Sun, Oct 07 2012, 5:16 pm
do you smash these down after you put them in the sugar? or before or leave them round like balls?

Tova

Post Sun, Oct 07 2012, 5:27 pm
The dough needs to stay well chilled or else it gets sticky. I put it in the refridgerator between batches.

You should not flatten the dough balls - they will flatten while baking.

BlueEyes125

Post Tue, Oct 09 2012, 3:47 am
Tip: Use an ice cream scoop to make the balls and they come out really nicely, perfectly shaped, and you get to keep your hands clean. Extra bonus!

Happy 2B

Post Tue, Oct 09 2012, 9:00 pm
never made these before they were so easy and yummy. I had no idea that it's so easy to make these!

gp2.0

Post Fri, Oct 12 2012, 11:29 am
This recipe is so yummy! Crispy on the outside, chewy fudge on the inside, and so gorgeous. Not the first time I'm making them but this thread inspired me to make them again. I got 48 walnut size (which spread to like 3 inches in diameter) but dd and I ate like 10 cookies worth of dough so I imagine I could get 60.

Beach Bum

Post Sun, Oct 14 2012, 9:13 pm
Did anyone try substituting flour with white whole wheat flour? What about the oil with applesauce? Does it still come out good?

SorGold

Post Sun, Oct 14 2012, 11:16 pm
I make these with white whole wheat flour all the time. They are still great. Nobody can ever tell. I have done half oil and half applesauce and they are chewier - not as crunchy on the outside. I feel it works if I am making it for my family (as opposed to having guests or sending it for a simcha) but my family is very used to healthy cooking.

frumshopper

Post Mon, Oct 15 2012, 1:46 pm
I also want to add that they freeze wonderfully (they don't look as beautiful b/c the powdered sugar gets in the "cracks" but they still are attractive).

imamiri

Post Mon, Oct 15 2012, 1:56 pm
I love these. Love love love love love these.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins